The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

evilsoul

Broken In
:D me to got new y50 at 76k from lenovo store chandigarh !!!
got accessories like mouse , keyboard cover , laptop cleaning kit , headphone along with it

Awesome it is ! :D

Kamal17

Broken In
:D me to got new y50 at 76k from lenovo store chandigarh !!!
got accessories like mouse , keyboard cover , laptop cleaning kit , headphone along with it

Awesome it is ! :D

Wow..Congrats!

Do you know where can we get SSD in chandigarh ? Please PM me if you have any info.

Cheers and congo again!

noceur

Broken In
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] When I try to shrink the C partition in Disk Management, the amount of space to shrink shows up as about 94Gb. I have about 750 GB free. Any idea why? How do I shrink the partition preserving OKR?

Kamal17

Broken In
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] When I try to shrink the C partition in Disk Management, the amount of space to shrink shows up as about 94Gb. I have about 750 GB free. Any idea why? How do I shrink the partition preserving OKR?

Defrag first and then try again!

eruku.ade

Broken In
@prometheus When I try to shrink the C partition in Disk Management, the amount of space to shrink shows up as about 94Gb. I have about 750 GB free. Any idea why? How do I shrink the partition preserving OKR?

Maybe it is because of the page file placed by lenovo near the end of the partition. You can check using any graphical defrag tool. If that is the case, you can try to manually delete pagefile.sys and then shrink the partition. Alternatively, you can try shrinking using gparted/linux live distro. Of course both are risky procedures.
You can do a fresh install of windows if you own one by manually specifying the partition size; then this problem won't be there.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Maybe it is because of the page file placed by lenovo near the end of the partition. You can check using any graphical defrag tool. If that is the case, you can try to manually delete pagefile.sys and then shrink the partition. Alternatively, you can try shrinking using gparted/linux live distro. Of course both are risky procedures.
You can do a fresh install of windows if you own one by manually specifying the partition size; then this problem won't be there.

DO NOT shrink using other than MS disk management tool or "pwhe"
I won't be responsible for damages done using anything other tool/3rd party process.

- - - Updated - - -

try using "pwhe"

and follow the same process as I've described in the last post on lenovo forum's thread.

I used "pwhe" directly to resize/make partitions on my y50:) OKR works as is
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]

NewEgg just launched in APAC region..:-D and yes they're here to stay (OPs to expand soon..)

Newegg expands to asian and european markets - GSMArena Blog
Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

evilsoul

Broken In
Wow..Congrats!

Do you know where can we get SSD in chandigarh ? Please PM me if you have any info.

Cheers and congo again!

me to finding out cheapest price for 512gb ssd and 8gb ram .. if i found will sure tell you :)
if u got someone then do message me !!

================
Guys i am wondering will this y50 will support ram more then 16gb ?? on google some people have mentioned it can support upto 32gb is it true ?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
just got my laptop cooler today

looks pretty durable:-D

quick note:
fans don't have much rpm but yes the air flow is quite nice; best airflow in it's category!

karthik.kk

Right off the assembly line
Guys I'm going to buy y50 on 15 aug in bangalore.... Can someone tell me the place of LENOVO exclusive store in bangalore with y50 in Stock.....

evilsoul

Broken In
Hey I have made 2-3 drives from one single drive will it effect the recovery software?? i didnt made any changes to c drive where os is currently installed i am reading messages that recovery will get be effected dont know why but can some one explain me about this !!!
Thank you !!

amey2606

Broken In
Hey I have made 2-3 drives from one single drive will it effect the recovery software?? i didnt made any changes to c drive where os is currently installed i am reading messages that recovery will get be effected dont know why but can some one explain me about this !!!
Thank you !!
Follow the guide [MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] posted a few pages above.
I have done the same, and divided my C drive into 400+250+250.
OKR isn't affected.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Thank you !!

if you've already made the partitions then I have no idea what effect been already* done/might repro. on OKR partitions/functionality
neither do I know which utility s/w you've used to make these partitions + dnt know your part. table/struct.

1st do verify if OKR is working from* within* windows
- so just press the OKR key and see if the app. pops up correctly

before making/modifying partitions dont* try* to use*/pop open* OKR from shutdown state directly!

now follow up my earlier post if you want to make more partitions.

UPDATE:

:| wait..what? you made changes to your partition table but din't shrinked "C" ....can you just post a screenshot of your disk management window?

Last edited:

chillz88

Broken In
Got my y50 today after i ordered it on 4th.. only to find a black dot on the screen when i booted it up.. talk about luck and poor lenovo service.. guess i have to give it back and wait again for a new one..:-x

Kamal17

Broken In
Got my y50 today after i ordered it on 4th.. only to find a black dot on the screen when i booted it up.. talk about luck and poor lenovo service.. guess i have to give it back and wait again for a new one..:-x

That sucks man! Did they agree to replace it ?

---------------------------------------

pwhe means what ? Partition Wizard Home Edition ???

evilsoul

Broken In
if you've already made the partitions then I have no idea what effect been already* done/might repro. on OKR partitions/functionality
neither do I know which utility s/w you've used to make these partitions + dnt know your part. table/struct.

1st do verify if OKR is working from* within* windows
- so just press the OKR key and see if the app. pops up correctly

before making/modifying partitions dont* try* to use*/pop open* OKR from shutdown state directly!

now follow up my earlier post if you want to make more partitions.

UPDATE:

:| wait..what? you made changes to your partition table but din't shrinked "C" ....can you just post a screenshot of your disk management window?

*oi59.tinypic.com/jg7f5x.jpg here it is !!

Thanks for your reply !! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Which Store ???
Proper Address please..

Binary Infotech pvt ltd , sector - 20c chandigarh

price - 76k

Top Bottom