The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^Indian pricing will be close to 70-75k even if they put a lower GPU like 850/855M :sad: (damn those customs and newer BIS norms :censored: )

Gt 850m will probably reach close to 85-90k considering a jump from gt650m to Gt 755m made the price rise from 65k to 75k.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Meh. Only a mere 860m. They should consider 870m
Definitely... The QHD version that is yet to be released will also have the same GPU. and they would labelling it as a gaming laptop

- - - Updated - - -

And did u notice the battery rating ?

skinny_geek

Right off the assembly line
Wait - will they skimp on the optical drive for the Indian launch as well? I don't think it's a good idea really, given the limited access to Steam and annoying bandwidth. They would do well to bundle the laptop with a complimentary Steam subscription .

nrvpnchl

Broken In
I really want to but it , if it'll be under rs 100k. But most of other laptops with GTX 765M are more than rs 120k. But GTX 860M is better than 765M. that's why I'm confused with it's price.

$hadow

Geek in making
Going to cost a bomb. Competing Asus and Alienware without proper paper work. Won't be going to work good for Lenovo.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They are messing up with sales here if they price it that high considering that lenovo us pricing is closer to their old lineup. I'll happily get a laptop from Asus rog series or msi's new launches if it comes with almost same config at lesser price.

Last edited:

nrvpnchl

Broken In
They are messing up with sales here if they price it that high considering that lenovo us pricing is closer to their old lineup. I'll happily get a laptop from Asus rog series or msi's new launches if it comes with almost same config at lesser price.

Never seen an MSI laptop in India. Shipping from US is also an option, how much does it cost for that ?

Prashmith

Journeyman
WOW,didn't even notice it better leave buying the y510p and can anyobody tell what will be the price?

Last edited:

vito scalleta

In the zone
buying y50 NOW would not be a wise decision.. and they wont releasing it here atleast for a month i think.. wait for some reviews cause the specs alone wont make up a good laptop... also its battery is very low rated .

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
buying y50 NOW would not be a wise decision.. and they wont releasing it here atleast for a month i think.. wait for some reviews cause the specs alone wont make up a good laptop... also its battery is very low rated .

It's still better than buying a Y510p now because it provides the same gaming performance(SLI) sans the micro-stuttering.

vineetpratik

Broken In
yes its better to get a equivalent single card rather than two in sli. should be going for msi then if they do too much late , and hope msi spreads its service centres across country asap, that is only thing that could hold me back from going for msi.

btw prices on us site for y50 are decent , hope they dont deviate it too much in india.

has any other indian company announced laptops with 800 series maxwell gpu ?

racerronny

Right off the assembly line
Lenovo Y50 is certainly a good laptop as per the specs, except the battery, which would barely last more than 2hrs with heavy gaming
so battery life is a point of concern over here
I have also taken into consideration some other laptops like:
Gigabyte P35G V2,P35W V2,P25W V2
MSI GS60 2PE Ghost Pro
but the fact that they wont be available in india any time soon brings me back to Y50
hope they launch it in india soon
also in my opinion they might or they should release the present $1349 model ($1549 without discount)
any suggestions/reviews regarding other laptops with similar specs would be appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

I wish to inform all other Y50 buyers that the graphic card Nvidia GeForce 860m has two variants
Some GPUs are based on the new Maxwell architecture (GM 107), while some are based on the older Kepler architecture (GK 104)
Maxwell not only has lower power consumption but also better performance as compared to Kepler
Now this creates a issue over here since we do not know which version GPU is used by Lenovo
So does anyone know anything regarding which version would be used by Lenovo in Y50?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^^Maxwell.
Also, Maxwell overclocks very high. It is possible to surpass gtx 870m levels. Although y50 is just too thin for that kind of overclock.

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo batteries are not for gaming. On battery, lenovo laptops throttle hardcore.

- - - Updated - - -

yes its better to get a equivalent single card rather than two in sli. should be going for msi then if they do too much late , and hope msi spreads its service centres across country asap, that is only thing that could hold me back from going for msi.

btw prices on us site for y50 are decent , hope they dont deviate it too much in india.

has any other indian company announced laptops with 800 series maxwell gpu ?

Not necessarily. Dual cards are better cooled, have a higher memory bus, overclock much better and also are cheaper than their single card siblings.

- - - Updated - - -

Nowadays micro-stuttering is almost non-existant on nvidia cards.

Top Bottom