The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

vineetpratik

Broken In
i doubt it works that way. example look at y510p base model i7 that is available for $900 ~ 54000 add 10000 = 64000 buy here street price is abt 74000. so that's what i m worried about , hope they don't price it crazy!!

nrvpnchl

Broken In
i doubt it works that way. example look at y510p base model i7 that is available for $900 ~ 54000 add 10000 = 64000 buy here street price is abt 74000. so that's what i m worried about , hope they don't price it crazy!!

That's the point, every single computer is priced too high in India.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
That's not underclocking, but it will lock down 30 fps even if it could perform more than that to save battery.

I sincerely doubt that will be the case. 30 FPS will be different for different games and different settings. Instead of maintaining 30 FPS for every game, the laptop will "lock down" to an uniform level. In the Y500's case it is 400 Mhz for a single GPU and 125 Mhz(from 790 Mhz) for SLI. This is called "underclocking".
AFAIK all Lenovo laptops underclock their GPUs on battery. Most probably, the Y50 will be no different.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I sincerely doubt that will be the case. 30 FPS will be different for different games and different settings. Instead of maintaining 30 FPS for every game, the laptop will "lock down" to an uniform level. In the Y500's case it is 400 Mhz for a single GPU and 125 Mhz(from 790 Mhz) for SLI. This is called "underclocking".
AFAIK all Lenovo laptops underclock their GPUs on battery. Most probably, the Y50 will be no different.

They underclock so aggressively that gaming is just not possible under such a circumstance... Talking from my Y500 SLI experience...

Is it the same with the Y510p or is it a little lenient???

I don't understand the logic behind such a move by lenovo... Added to the fact that we don't have optimus too...

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
That's not underclocking, but it will lock down 30 fps even if it could perform more than that to save battery.

I think it's underclocking because at 30fps, everything should be playable which certainly is not the case...
Source for this 30 fps theory???

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
They underclock so aggressively that gaming is just not possible under such a circumstance... Talking from my Y500 SLI experience...

Is it the same with the Y510p or is it a little lenient???

I don't understand the logic behind such a move by lenovo... Added to the fact that we don't have optimus too...

AFAIK same problem with Y510p. Y510p has optimus when SLI card is removed.

selvas

Right off the assembly line
I have gone through all old posts in y50 thread,... Is there any new answers to my questions???? Any Updated Answers

When Lenovo Y50 launches in India?????
What variants will be launched here???
How will be the pricing????
If I bought this from US will I get International Warranty???
Are there any alternatives to it???
;-):lol:

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I have gone through all old posts in y50 thread,... Is there any new answers to my questions???? Any Updated Answers

When Lenovo Y50 launches in India?????
What variants will be launched here???
How will be the pricing????
If I bought this from US will I get International Warranty???
Are there any alternatives to it???
;-):lol:

Yep you get warranty!

Probable next month fingers crossed. !.

If you wanna try get Sager or MSI GO AHEAD

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Yep you get warranty!

don't be too quick to get y50 from US as they haven't updated y50's list of international warranty supported country; AFAIK Y50 isn't in the list either :|
so..just hang on.. for the time being..wait till it is properly launched in US.

oh and the customers(US-mainland) who ordered Y50 on the first day of it's launch will get it by this Tuesday/Thu (PDT)

selvas

Right off the assembly line
Yep you get warranty!

Thanks dude,..

- - - Updated - - -

thanks dude,.. will wait
don't be too quick to get y50 from US as they haven't updated y50's list of international warranty supported country; AFAIK Y50 isn't in the list either :|
so..just hang on.. for the time being..wait till it is properly launched in US.

oh and the customers(US-mainland) who ordered Y50 on the first day of it's launch will get it by this Tuesday/Thu (PDT)

Top Bottom