The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Watch_Dogs--> Medium.
According to notebookcheck, Watch_Dogs at high gives 27 fps on Full HD... Maybe if the anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion are turned off/low, it will be playable on high...

27 fps is just about playable per se, but it all depends on whether it's a constant 27 fps or there are frame drops while driving and all...

Maybe if Ubisoft releases an update with better optimisation and Nvidia finally releases better drivers... :)

However, with Ubisoft's horrible track record, I wouldn't get my hopes up high...

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
According to notebookcheck, Watch_Dogs at high gives 27 fps on Full HD... Maybe if the anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion are turned off/low, it will be playable on high...

27 fps is just about playable per se, but it all depends on whether it's a constant 27 fps or there are frame drops while driving and all...

Maybe if Ubisoft releases an update with better optimisation and Nvidia finally releases better drivers... :)

However, with Ubisoft's horrible track record, I wouldn't get my hopes up high...

That 27 FPS is average FPS. The drops while driving are immensely ridiculous. It will probably give 20-21 FPS while driving.

racerronny

Right off the assembly line
As of now, there is only the 4K version of Y50 for India launch
I hope they add 1920X1080 model too
Presently 4K is not much popular and not of much use
Plus its a burden on the graphic card
Also, Any expected date of Launch?
Lenovo Y50 Laptop | 15.6" High-Performance Gaming Notebook PC | Lenovo (IN)

vineetpratik

Broken In
As of now, there is only the 4K version of Y50 for India launch
I hope they add 1920X1080 model too
Presently 4K is not much popular and not of much use
Plus its a burden on the graphic card
Also, Any expected date of Launch?
Lenovo Y50 Laptop | 15.6" High-Performance Gaming Notebook PC | Lenovo (IN)

no not really , its written upto 4K , so 1080p should also be present when it launches.
Lenovo guys keep telling august on facebook

vineetpratik

Broken In
minor update LENOVO Y50 India page just got updated , earlier nothing was written inside features section now its mentioned , looks like they have started some work on it :)

vineetpratik

Broken In
nice review although week point of Y50 seems display ?
soumik no one can tell unless its launched this august although 75k + for sure..

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
i doubt it works that way. example look at y510p base model i7 that is available for $900 ~ 54000 add 10000 = 64000 buy here street price is abt 74000. so that's what i m worried about , hope they don't price it crazy!!

Hi all. I will explain why prices differ for all countries around the world for IT products, and everything else that is considered consumer goods. Everyone will assume it should cost the same everywhere but it's not the case.

For comparison, US vs. India prices:
(1) Shipment cost --> It is relatively cheaper to ship to US than any other country
(2) Custom duties and other costs --> US has no duties at all for IT products. As for India, it's about 20% if you add all the costs to bring it to India
(3) Channel margins --> Margins in US is relatively lower compared to India, I will not delve into more details as every brands have different structure but 5-10% difference will add to cost
(4) Infrastructure --> US has more developed internal infrastructure (trucking, warehousing) than India, which reduces further costs.
(5) VAT taxes --> Prices in US are before tax of 12%. In India, it's already added to the final price

If you look at it this way, it's because of these external factors that make prices more expensive in India. Please understand that it's not about vendors ripping up end users, we all wanted to serve everyone better.

chillz88

Broken In
Waiting for this one... lenovo keeps telling its gonna launch in india on august.. reviews do show that it has really good heat management.. the only drawback being the screen.. do you guys think it does suck that bad? any idea if its released or will be released in the middle east first before india?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Waiting for this one... lenovo keeps telling its gonna launch in india on august.. reviews do show that it has really good heat management.. the only drawback being the screen.. do you guys think it does suck that bad? any idea if its released or will be released in the middle east first before india?

y50's screen (the regular TN/non touch model) sucks..and it sucks pretty bad..a y510p is way better than y50.
I am myself going in for one as my laptop can't handle it anymore (I'll be getting a sweet GT755m ultrabay extension as a top-up :D )
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] ssup with your studies??
heard you're planning for your grads..err..masters*beer*GRE?:)

UPDATE:
I should mention it as well...that the viewing angles are pretty crappy and this vs a y510p regular glossy wins over y50 (regular/non-touch) not to mention the extreme low brightness case (for both AUO and chi mei panels), washed out colors; calibration won't do $h!t :/

I really had high hopes for Y50 but..Y50 is becoming a real factor for Lenovo to discontinue GT755m/750m removable gfx cards (though I just saw 755 back in stock #lenovo US) and push Y50's stock for dirt cheap :D

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
y50's screen (the regular TN/non touch model) sucks..and it sucks pretty bad..a y510p is way better than y50.
I am myself going in for one as my laptop can't handle it anymore (I'll be getting a sweet GT755m ultrabay extension as a top-up :D )

UPDATE:
I should mention it as well...that the viewing angles are pretty crappy and this vs a y510p regular glossy wins over y50 (regular/non-touch) not to mention the extreme low brightness case (for both AUO and chi mei panels), washed out colors; calibration won't do $h!t :/

I really had high hopes for Y50 but..Y50 is becoming a real factor for Lenovo to discontinue GT755m/750m removable gfx cards (though I just saw 755 back in stock #lenovo US) and push Y50's stock for dirt cheap :D
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] is still a little kid... :p

On a serious note, he's preparing for his SAT, not GRE... :) :) :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
So i guess, Y500 n Y510p still has an edge...... BTW my Y500 runs Watchdogs at medium settings at 768p, with min fps of 25-26, normally around 30

Why do you play at 768p??? Looks ugly... Play on FullHD...

It works well on FullHD and medium for me... SLI though... :)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hi all. I will explain why prices differ for all countries around the world for IT products, and everything else that is considered consumer goods. Everyone will assume it should cost the same everywhere but it's not the case.

For comparison, US vs. India prices:
(1) Shipment cost --> It is relatively cheaper to ship to US than any other country
(2) Custom duties and other costs --> US has no duties at all for IT products. As for India, it's about 20% if you add all the costs to bring it to India
(3) Channel margins --> Margins in US is relatively lower compared to India, I will not delve into more details as every brands have different structure but 5-10% difference will add to cost
(4) Infrastructure --> US has more developed internal infrastructure (trucking, warehousing) than India, which reduces further costs.
(5) VAT taxes --> Prices in US are before tax of 12%. In India, it's already added to the final price

If you look at it this way, it's because of these external factors that make prices more expensive in India. Please understand that it's not about vendors ripping up end users, we all wanted to serve everyone better.
Well, AFAIK VAT for electronics products here in India is 5% only, for rest of the products & services it is 12% + edu. cess

chillz88

Broken In

UPDATE:

I know.. but I still find that thinness and portability and that single gpu as an upgrade.. even the temps are way better than the y510p... and btw isn't that 2nd gpu tough to get in india?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So i guess, Y500 n Y510p still has an edge...... BTW my Y500 runs Watchdogs at medium settings at 768p, with min fps of 25-26, normally around 30

Y510p SLI/Y500 SLI OC= Y50.
No difference in performance.

- - - Updated - - -

I know.. but I still find that thinness and portability and that single gpu as an upgrade.. even the temps are way better than the y510p... and btw isn't that 2nd gpu tough to get in india?

Impossible to get in India.

- - - Updated - - -

unless imported.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

People are replacing their panels as soon as they are buying it.

Top Bottom