The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

hsetir

Broken In
Few causes of stuttering:- Low memory, extreme temperature and automatic down-clocking of processor/graphics card.
You may use MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display (OSD) to monitor these parameters while in game and locate possible culprit.
Afterburner can be used to limit temperature etc. as well.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
If anyone is interested in buying Y50 2gb version and has no problem purchasing online, it is available at Snapdeal for 71k

Access Denied

Add to cart to see discounted price.

P.S- Get details and reviews of seller before purchasing it.

little

Journeyman
Few causes of stuttering:- Low memory, extreme temperature and automatic down-clocking of processor/graphics card.
You may use MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display (OSD) to monitor these parameters while in game and locate possible culprit.
Afterburner can be used to limit temperature etc. as well.

I have ruled out these things - Low Memory, Switching to secondary GPU, CPU/GPU throttling (due to temp. or any other reason). Continue here.

Last edited:

mohitraj1002

Right off the assembly line
can't see attachments. Upload somewhere else and relax if GPU-Z says it's alright then it probably is.

Apologies for replying so late, was afk for long time. Please see below the screenshots you asked for

msinfo32: *i.imgur.com/rYX8GkL.jpg
gpuz: *i.imgur.com/JMGuxIc.jpg

The Adapter Ram for NVIDIA Gfx card is shown as 1Mb only. please help!!

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Apologies for replying so late, was afk for long time. Please see below the screenshots you asked for

GPU-Z shows 4GB VRAM. Nothing to worry about.

- - - Updated - - -

Try running Crysis 3 or any heavy game and post MSI Afterburner screenshot. GPU Memory usage should be visible.

amey2606

Broken In
Hello Guys, i have a question about the Y50 storage.
When I got the Y50, i partitioned the drive before using the One Key Recovery using [MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] guide.
After Partitioning, i have used the OKR once to back up my C drive.
The thing is, i had allotted 400gb to C drive and created 2 250gb drives.
But now I want to repartition the drives and allot 200gb to C and divide the rest between the other two.

So, anybody has any guide on how i can repartition without losing the OKR functionality.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: And another thing, did anyone of you get the Windows 8.1 product key or any Windows CD having the key.
I mean, in short, has anyone of you asked for your Windows Product Key and got it.?

Thanks.

avinashgietg

Hi amey2606,

I don't think you could do the re-partition, unless if there's a tool to do so, which am unaware of ...

I need one info. from your end as well.. How many drives where there when u received the y50 laptop? And how did you do the partitioning ?

Actually i have bought this laptop but am still waiting for it to arrive at my home, so i was just wondering on how to do the partition.

Thanks in Advance !!!

nrvpnchl

Broken In
Hello Guys, i have a question about the Y50 storage.
When I got the Y50, i partitioned the drive before using the One Key Recovery using [MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] guide.
After Partitioning, i have used the OKR once to back up my C drive.
The thing is, i had allotted 400gb to C drive and created 2 250gb drives.
But now I want to repartition the drives and allot 200gb to C and divide the rest between the other two.

So, anybody has any guide on how i can repartition without losing the OKR functionality.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: And another thing, did anyone of you get the Windows 8.1 product key or any Windows CD having the key.
I mean, in short, has anyone of you asked for your Windows Product Key and got it.?

Thanks.

Your Windows Product Key is stored in your laptop's BIOS, you can extract it using this tool:
Download OEM-DM.7z

amey2606

Broken In
Hi amey2606,

I don't think you could do the re-partition, unless if there's a tool to do so, which am unaware of ...

I need one info. from your end as well.. How many drives where there when u received the y50 laptop? And how did you do the partitioning ?

Actually i have bought this laptop but am still waiting for it to arrive at my home, so i was just wondering on how to do the partition.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Partitioning can be done anyway, but at the expense of the functionality of OKR.
That is what I don't want to lose.
The Y50 comes with only one drive C and a small 20-25gb drive consisting of the drivers and apps.
Your Windows Product Key is stored in your laptop's BIOS, you can extract it using this tool:
Download OEM-DM.7z
Thanks brother.
So we have to find out the key ourselves.
I was hoping Lenovo would provide us with the Windows documentation, just like Dell does.

avinashgietg

Hi amey2606,

So does that mean you did the partitioning using the windows tool only ? Can you please name the tool...

Also, i have purchased the laptop from snapdeal , so am i eligible for the extended 3 years warantee ? :cool:

amey2606

Broken In
Hi amey2606,

So does that mean you did the partitioning using the windows tool only ? Can you please name the tool...

Also, i have purchased the laptop from snapdeal , so am i eligible for the extended 3 years warantee ? :cool:

I used Windows disk management to shrink the C drive, and then Partition Wizard Home Edition to create new drives from the free space.
Regarding the warranty, afaik, it was valid only for laptops purchased till the 15th of August.
And also, Dell has a policy of not honouring warranty of laptops purchased from Snapdeal. Don't know about Lenovo though.
Contact the customer care service and check it out.
Best of luck.

avinashgietg

Thanks buddy ...Will do that ..
Hi amey2606,

I used Windows disk management to shrink the C drive, and then Partition Wizard Home Edition to create new drives from the free space.
Regarding the warranty, afaik, it was valid only for laptops purchased till the 15th of August.
And also, Dell has a policy of not honouring warranty of laptops purchased from Snapdeal. Don't know about Lenovo though.
Contact the customer care service and check it out.
Best of luck.

agarwalmohit

Broken In
On thedostore IdeaPad y50 + Headset W870(Should I get this?) = Rs. 82,389/- Good buy or not?

Anybody got a coupon for thedostore.com ? :p

agarwalmohit

Broken In
Check out Snapdeal, It has great price( around 72k for 4gb model ).

Ya,but lenovo is giving 3 years warranty, which Snapdeal won't. So, it will come about 77K, better to pay 79 to lenovo in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

On this post, *www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/187092-lenovo-y510-something-else.html#post2160183 some people commented that the screen is very very bad on the y50 model, but one of the reasons I am buying this laptop is I would like the HD feel, will I get it or is it really bad?

nougain

Broken In
I did some testing on copying a single file of 2GB from my Y50. Here are the findings...

Speed Test of Copying a Single 2GB Movie File
From -- To -- Speed -- Remarks
Y50 internal HDD -- Y50 internal HDD -- 7-15 MB/s -- Same partition different folder
Y50 internal HDD -- External WD NTFS HDD via USB 3.0 -- 35 MB/s -- WD My Passport 1TB 3.0 USB SS Ext HDD
Y50 internal HDD -- External FAT32 Pen Drive via USB 3.0 -- 17-20 MB/s -- JetFlash Transcend 32GB USB Device
Y50 internal HDD -- External NTFS Pen Drive via USB 3.0 -- 15-20 MB/s -- (Reformatted the Pen Drive to NTFS)

Do I need to do something to get it better?

nrvpnchl

Broken In
I did some testing on copying a single file of 2GB from my Y50. Here are the findings...

Speed Test of Copying a Single 2GB Movie File
From -- To -- Speed -- Remarks
Y50 internal HDD -- Y50 internal HDD -- 7-15 MB/s -- Same partition different folder
Y50 internal HDD -- External WD NTFS HDD via USB 3.0 -- 35 MB/s -- WD My Passport 1TB 3.0 USB SS Ext HDD
Y50 internal HDD -- External FAT32 Pen Drive via USB 3.0 -- 17-20 MB/s -- JetFlash Transcend 32GB USB Device
Y50 internal HDD -- External NTFS Pen Drive via USB 3.0 -- 15-20 MB/s -- (Reformatted the Pen Drive to NTFS)

Do I need to do something to get it better?

Guess what, this laptop isn't about hard drive performance. If you really care about hard drive transfer rates then get your self an SSD.

Kaimei

Anyone who has bought from Snapdeal the GTX 860m 4GB version ?

They have listed the display as 1366x768. Nowhere have i seen the Lenovo Y50 having that resolution display. Only FHD 1920x1080 displays.

Can anyone confirm that after buying from Snapdeal has received a 1080p display.. I'm planning on buying from them as the price is really low compared to the alternative sellers like thedostore FlipKart Amazon etc.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom