The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
UPDATE: It seems that everyone in Lenovo is equally incompetent. My father is in touch with the regional head of Lenovo, who excused himself from the entire matter saying he only looks at the "corporate" side of things. He then forwarded the issue to someone1, who forwarded the issue to someone2. And of course, I'll never hear back from them.

My warranty expired on Feb (2015). Charger went kaput in March. Timing, right? If anyone would be kind enough to purchase an adapter and ship it to me if it is available in their location, I would reimburse them for the charger and their time.

Hey,the do store also has a 120W AIO charger. That, and this one both are incompatible. Also, if I use a charger under 120W, I run the risk of damaging the laptop and the charger again.

Nope. Nothing. Just that he didn't ship for a week, eBay cancelled the order, I asked the seller a question, got no reply :(

UPDATE 2: Now I am waiting to get 2 separate refunds, one from Amazon.in and one from eBay.in. I'm in touch with a local laptop dealer in Hyderabad, he says his associate in Delhi has the part. I'm asking for the part number to confirm if this is the one.

Why don't you purchase from ebay.com or aliexpress?

mrjukehardbane

Right off the assembly line
UPDATE: It seems that everyone in Lenovo is equally incompetent. My father is in touch with the regional head of Lenovo, who excused himself from the entire matter saying he only looks at the "corporate" side of things. He then forwarded the issue to someone1, who forwarded the issue to someone2. And of course, I'll never hear back from them.

My warranty expired on Feb (2015). Charger went kaput in March. Timing, right? If anyone would be kind enough to purchase an adapter and ship it to me if it is available in their location, I would reimburse them for the charger and their time.

Hey,the do store also has a 120W AIO charger. That, and this one both are incompatible. Also, if I use a charger under 120W, I run the risk of damaging the laptop and the charger again.

Nope. Nothing. Just that he didn't ship for a week, eBay cancelled the order, I asked the seller a question, got no reply :(

UPDATE 2: Now I am waiting to get 2 separate refunds, one from Amazon.in and one from eBay.in. I'm in touch with a local laptop dealer in Hyderabad, he says his associate in Delhi has the part. I'm asking for the part number to confirm if this is the one.

Try from aliexpress

New Original Lenovo 20V 8.5A 170W 42T5284 Laptop Adapter Lenovo Y410P Y500 Y500N Y560 Y510P Notebook AC power Charger-in Laptop Adapter from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Try from aliexpress

New Original Lenovo 20V 8.5A 170W 42T5284 Laptop Adapter Lenovo Y410P Y500 Y500N Y560 Y510P Notebook AC power Charger-in Laptop Adapter from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Hey, I'm still waiting for refunds from Amazon and eBay orders. I guess I'm going to take a leap of faith and order it from one of these listings by day end.

Here's my dilemma: the listings metion model no. PA-1121-04 and Lenovo y510p compatibility. However, my original charger model is PA-1121-16. And when I look for the 16 model on Aliexpress, the compatibility list has y580p but not y510p. I'm thoroughly confused :(

Here are the listings..

UPDATE:

I found the exact matching part number here - Original OEM 19.5V 6.15A 120W AC Power Adapter Charger For Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p Y510p Notebook-in Laptop Adapter from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It's PA-1121-16, and Ideapad Y510p is listed in the compatibliity section. What should I do guys? Go ahead with this?

mrjukehardbane

Hey, I'm still waiting for refunds from Amazon and eBay orders. I guess I'm going to take a leap of faith and order it from one of these listings by day end.

Here's my dilemma: the listings metion model no. PA-1121-04 and Lenovo y510p compatibility. However, my original charger model is PA-1121-16. And when I look for the 16 model on Aliexpress, the compatibility list has y580p but not y510p. I'm thoroughly confused :(

Here are the listings..

UPDATE:

I found the exact matching part number here - Original OEM 19.5V 6.15A 120W AC Power Adapter Charger For Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p Y510p Notebook-in Laptop Adapter from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It's PA-1121-16, and Ideapad Y510p is listed in the compatibliity section. What should I do guys? Go ahead with this?

If you're using extra SLI graphics then 170W would be better for you as 120W won't be able to power up both cards. Also there is no harm if you use 170W on a single card. I guess you should go ahead with 170W one.

comp@ddict

If you're using extra SLI graphics then 170W would be better for you as 120W won't be able to power up both cards. Also there is no harm if you use 170W on a single card. I guess you should go ahead with 170W one.

I have the single card configuration. I want to stick to the part that looks familiar to what I have with me, just not taking any chances :).

I'm going ahead and ordering this charger from AliExpress, fingers crossed.

comp@ddict

I have the single card configuration. I want to stick to the part that looks familiar to what I have with me, just not taking any chances :).

I'm going ahead and ordering this charger from AliExpress, fingers crossed.

A new update to the story.

Tried firing up my laptop today to copy some data. No response, nothing. The laptop is cold, the power button doesn't respond, no LED indicators blink. I guess the laptop has died. 1.5 years old Lenovo Y510p, dead.

Probably the last Lenovo device I will ever touch, and will probably never let any of my friends or family buy one if I can help it.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
A new update to the story.

Tried firing up my laptop today to copy some data. No response, nothing. The laptop is cold, the power button doesn't respond, no LED indicators blink. I guess the laptop has died. 1.5 years old Lenovo Y510p, dead.

Probably the last Lenovo device I will ever touch, and will probably never let any of my friends or family buy one if I can help it.

Don't you have 3 yrs warranty?
1+2 (back2school)?

Service it man.

Your machine may be eligible for a post warranty upgrade. Call lenovo and ask by providing your serial number.

Data backup is easy, you just need to open the back cover and take the HDD out (takes less than 5min) put the HDD in some 2.5" usb hdd case and copy the data or put the HDD in a working laptop and boot that laptop using a live linux pen drive. Then copy all the data to another external HDD or wherever you feel like.

ashs1

Padawan
Its such a shame that the y510p will not be supported by lenovo for the windows 10 upgrade..
*support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535

And apparently, SLI support in windows 10 is a bit unstable..so, I guess win 8.1 would be the preferred choice for now..

vito scalleta

In the zone
Its such a shame that the y510p will not be supported by lenovo for the windows 10 upgrade..
*support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535

And apparently, SLI support in windows 10 is a bit unstable..so, I guess win 8.1 would be the preferred choice for now..

i have already updated it to win 10.. should i go back to win 8.1..??

mrjukehardbane

Hey Guys, I just got the MyDigital 128 GB Super Eco Drive from Amazon.Com (Link Below)

Amazon.com: MyDigitalSSD 128GB (120GB) Super Boot Eco Drive 42mm SATA III 6G M.2 NGFF 2242 SSD Solid State Drive - MDM242-SBe-128: Computers & Accessories

I want to transfer my OS and some of the programs. What's the best way to transfer my OS (Windows 10 to be specific) from my C drive to my new SSD? Also I heard that if try to do the new install of windows then windows might not get activate because of the hardware change. Is it true?

vito scalleta

In the zone
Hey Guys, I just got the MyDigital 128 GB Super Eco Drive from Amazon.Com (Link Below)

Amazon.com: MyDigitalSSD 128GB (120GB) Super Boot Eco Drive 42mm SATA III 6G M.2 NGFF 2242 SSD Solid State Drive - MDM242-SBe-128: Computers & Accessories

I want to transfer my OS and some of the programs. What's the best way to transfer my OS (Windows 10 to be specific) from my C drive to my new SSD? Also I heard that if try to do the new install of windows then windows might not get activate because of the hardware change. Is it true?

u can use AOMEI partition assistant to migrate os from hdd to ssd with no data loss

amitbhatt89

Broken In
Hello guys, since last month jbl speakers sound very crackle, happened with leftlone first and followed by right.
Any idea from wheew I can find original pair of jbl speakers for y510p?

vito scalleta

In the zone
Hello guys, since last month jbl speakers sound very crackle, happened with leftlone first and followed by right.
Any idea from wheew I can find original pair of jbl speakers for y510p?
I have same issue too. I dont think it will be worthwhile replacing the speakers of 4 year old laptop. I am coping up with external speakers and earphones.

Top Bottom