The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

@comp@ddict
Here is a picture of my adapter's laptop end, the adapter on ebay is exactly the same as I use with my Y500.
I am almost certain that this is exactly like your's too.

They changed it from Y50 onwards.

Pic: Charger pin alongside a standard USB cable end for size comparison.
*i.imgur.com/UGOYLdk.jpg

Hope it helps.

- - - Updated - - -
@comp@ddict
Goto:
*support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup
Enter your laptop's serial number and select "As-Built Only".

Check if your adapter's name is "Delta ADP-120LH BA 19.5V6.15Aadapter-CCC" and the power cord is "Longwell LP-30B+SPT-2 18AWG+LS-181mcord"
If it is, then the ebay link adapter should work just fine.

My adapter also went kaput. Under warranty, lenovo replaced it for free by home delivered courier, in 3 days time.
Ghaziabad region, very close to Noida Sector-62.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Check if your adapter's name is "Delta ADP-120LH BA 19.5V6.15Aadapter-CCC" and the power cord is "Longwell LP-30B+SPT-2 18AWG+LS-181mcord"
If it is, then the ebay link adapter should work just fine.

Here's what I got:

Liteon PA-1121-16 19.5V6.15A adapter-CCC
LINETEK PE-361+ H05VV-F+ LS15 1m cord

I guess the charger on eBay is NOT COMPATIBLE, right?

- - - Updated - - -

My adapter also went kaput. Under warranty, lenovo replaced it for free by home delivered courier, in 3 days time.
Ghaziabad region, very close to Noida Sector-62.

Unfortunately, my warranty ran out in February this year. My laptop charger went kaput in April, and it's been 4 months since that I've been wandering around aimlessly looking for a charger.

Here's what I got:

Liteon PA-1121-16 19.5V6.15A adapter-CCC
LINETEK PE-361+ H05VV-F+ LS15 1m cord

I guess the charger on eBay is NOT COMPATIBLE, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, my warranty ran out in February this year. My laptop charger went kaput in April, and it's been 4 months since that I've been wandering around aimlessly looking for a charger.

The adapter on eBay will work fine.
This is the adapter compatibility list for y500, your adapter is also listed, so the eBay item will work fine.

*i.imgur.com/Ih2AfR6.jpg

comp@ddict

Got in touch with the regional head of Lenovo inquiring about the shitty state of customer support. Let's see what he says. Thanks a bunch for your help man. I'm yet to get my refund for the fake charger I got from Amazon.in. Will place an order for this once these proceedings are over.

goldsmit409

Broken In
hi guys

I just bought a Mydigital ssd m2, I initialized it as gpt and cloned c drive to ssd using Easeus Todo Backup.

Now how do I start booting from there?
Thanks

vito scalleta

In the zone
hi guys

I just bought a Mydigital ssd m2, I initialized it as gpt and cloned c drive to ssd using Easeus Todo Backup.

Now how do I start booting from there?
Thanks
Shutdown your laptop..
Press the button near your charging port.
Now select bios from the list displayed ..
Goto boot and change the boot order by moving the ssd to the top of the list ..
Now select Exit saving changes .. Now the system will reboot and boot from ur SSd

goldsmit409

Broken In
Shutdown your laptop..
Press the button near your charging port.
Now select bios from the list displayed ..
Goto boot and change the boot order by moving the ssd to the top of the list ..
Now select Exit saving changes .. Now the system will reboot and boot from ur SSd

So can't I use uefi mode?
Because if I select uefi I just get windows boot manager as an option

Edit: I tried to boot from legacy as well, It says not boot device found

- - - Updated - - -

Can Somebody tell what are all these partition, which are safe to remove
*i.imgur.com/jkwgYKZ.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

mrjukehardbane

Right off the assembly line
Anyone upgraded their Y510p to Windows 10? Any issues with drivers compatibilty? I can't find official drivers for Windows 10 on Lenovo support page. My upgrade is downloading in background and I just don't want to mess up my PC. Please tell me if Y510 drivers are compatible with Y510p.

I also read somewhere on Levovo forums that Y510p is not on the official list released by Lenovo for devices to be upgraded to Windows 10. Is it true?

ashs1

Padawan
Anyone upgraded their Y510p to Windows 10? Any issues with drivers compatibilty? I can't find official drivers for Windows 10 on Lenovo support page. My upgrade is downloading in background and I just don't want to mess up my PC. Please tell me if Y510 drivers are compatible with Y510p.

I also read somewhere on Levovo forums that Y510p is not on the official list released by Lenovo for devices to be upgraded to Windows 10. Is it true?
I upgraded my y510p to windows 10..no issues so far..and don't worry about the drivers, windows 10 downloads them automatically.

mrjukehardbane

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, today I tried to update my laptop to Windows 10 using a downloaded image of Windows 10 from official website using bootable pen drive. Instead of using upgrade option I formatted my C drive and chose custom install option. Now I can't activate windows 10. I thought keys for Windows are embedded in Bios and it will authenticate from there. I messed up I guess. Anyway I can activate Windows 10 or revert back to 8.1 without losing my data in other drives? I am sorry for noob question.

ashs1

Padawan
Hey guys, today I tried to update my laptop to Windows 10 using a downloaded image of Windows 10 from official website using bootable pen drive. Instead of using upgrade option I formatted my C drive and chose custom install option. Now I can't activate windows 10. I thought keys for Windows are embedded in Bios and it will authenticate from there. I messed up I guess. Anyway I can activate Windows 10 or revert back to 8.1 without losing my data in other drives? I am sorry for noob question.
I think the windows is automatically activated after some time..give it a day or two before taking any other step..
You can also try to get your windows key by using certain softwares like belarc advisor. It scans your laptop completely and saves a text file which includes various details about your computer including the windows key..you can use the key to activate your Windows.

vito scalleta

In the zone
U should have first upgraded to win 10 b4 doing a clean install of the OS.. After the upgrading only a key is generate for ur PC and used for activation .. After that u should have done a clean install. But u can revert back to win8.1 within 30 days of install I think.. Not sure if that option is available in clean install ..

comp@ddict

You can call and ask if they have the original product and then buy.

Lenovo 120W Original ALL IN ONE Desktop Adaptor | eBay

- - - Updated - - -

This is the same adapter which works fine with my Y500 1x750m, I am almost entirely certain that this will work with Y510p

Seller cancelled the order. I'm back at square one :(

Do you want to the contact details of Lenovo noida? They provided me with a new replacement adapter in 3 days under warranty. They may be of help in buying a new one.

comp@ddict

UPDATE: It seems that everyone in Lenovo is equally incompetent. My father is in touch with the regional head of Lenovo, who excused himself from the entire matter saying he only looks at the "corporate" side of things. He then forwarded the issue to someone1, who forwarded the issue to someone2. And of course, I'll never hear back from them.

Do you want to the contact details of Lenovo noida? They provided me with a new replacement adapter in 3 days under warranty. They may be of help in buying a new one.

My warranty expired on Feb (2015). Charger went kaput in March. Timing, right? If anyone would be kind enough to purchase an adapter and ship it to me if it is available in their location, I would reimburse them for the charger and their time.

Hi, I think this one will work.

Lenovo 65W AC Laptop Charger 65A-IN - Buy Online

Hey,the do store also has a 120W AIO charger. That, and this one both are incompatible. Also, if I use a charger under 120W, I run the risk of damaging the laptop and the charger again.

..wth?!??!?? Did the seller provide any reason for cancellation of order??

Nope. Nothing. Just that he didn't ship for a week, eBay cancelled the order, I asked the seller a question, got no reply :(

UPDATE 2: Now I am waiting to get 2 separate refunds, one from Amazon.in and one from eBay.in. I'm in touch with a local laptop dealer in Hyderabad, he says his associate in Delhi has the part. I'm asking for the part number to confirm if this is the one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom