The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

sdk

Broken In
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] [MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION]: Sorry for the late reply and thank you for pointing out the root cause.
It seems there is some problem with the earthing.
Though its on my priority list to get the wiring in my house checked by the electrician, will it have any adverse effect on machine if I continue using it in such condition (coz getting connections fixed in a rented apartment may get clumsy at times :p)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
And you got 1 +2 years extended warranty?

no, i didn't get 2 yr extended warranty, but that is a different topic altogether. i knew that seller was not offering, but due to being out of stock with wsretail and do store, and i deciding i could not wait, i ordered. has 1 year warranty but i will extend it later myself.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Guys I found out my lap has an Elan touch pad . Didn't face any issues except that it was bit wobbly..
and how can I check or register for the warranty ?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
just wanted to update the folks here...
The y510p which I bought in April did have the Warranty extended to 1 + 2 years. Though i didn't get any mail/post with documents, the lenovo support site acknowledges it when i type in the S/N.
So good enough for me.

sdk

Broken In
Guys I found out my lap has an Elan touch pad . Didn't face any issues except that it was bit wobbly..
and how can I check or register for the warranty ?

Check in Lenovo Solution Center that comes pre installed or access their website and check with your S/N

- - - Updated - - -

just wanted to update the folks here...
The y510p which I bought in April did have the Warranty extended to 1 + 2 years. Though i didn't get any mail/post with documents, the lenovo support site acknowledges it when i type in the S/N.
So good enough for me.

Same here, though I did receive a mail confirming that my product is eligible for the same

nipun1188

Right off the assembly line
I have purchased from snapdeal and have got warranty. Didnt worry about seller. Actually I later knew that lenovo has stopped issuing warranty to online retailers. Luckily I got warranty. To add cherry to the topping I even got Accidental warranty free for a year under their promotion

vito scalleta

In the zone
I got my lap with win 8.1. Its really iritating to work with .And am hoping to install the much talked about update that was released a few months that brought in several features.. bt wen I checked for updates I found the largest update was for 100MB something..
Have I missed my chance to get the update ?

geek_rocker

Broken In
So guys, I did manage to find myself an i5 y510p. It was one of the last ones available and I got it for 60k. Good Deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the laptop takes somewhat of a long time to charge. 20140720_124004[1].jpg IS that how the charger looks? The power ratings for output are 19.5 V- 6.15A. I have a suspicion that I accidentally swapped the charger or something. Pls help dudes

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So guys, I did manage to find myself an i5 y510p. It was one of the last ones available and I got it for 60k. Good Deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the laptop takes somewhat of a long time to charge. View attachment 14582 IS that how the charger looks? The power ratings for output are 19.5 V- 6.15A. I have a suspicion that I accidentally swapped the charger or something. Pls help dudes

Charger is correct.

vito scalleta

In the zone
My laptop does not charge above 60%.. I assume lenovo energy management is the culprit. is it gng to cause any problems in the future ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
My laptop does not charge above 60%.. I assume lenovo energy management is the culprit. is it gng to cause any problems in the future ?

You can make it charge to 100% by clicking Energy Management and in the second column changing Optimized Battery Health to Max battery life.
If you are using it as a desktop replacement then use the Optimized Battery Health setting otherwise change to max battery life if you use it in the go.

vito scalleta

In the zone
You can make it charge to 100% by clicking Energy Management and in the second column changing Optimized Battery Health to Max battery life.
If you are using it as a desktop replacement then use the Optimized Battery Health setting otherwise change to max battery life if you use it in the go.

Thanks for clearing that up .

ariftwister

Truth Seeker

What does Hard Disk Drive Power Saver does ?? I see no difference when they are ON/OFF

Top Bottom