The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

udit247

Journeyman
Thanks for that!
Which all drivers did you update? And did you see any noticeable performance improvements?

Link: Laptops and netbooks :: Lenovo Y Series laptops :: Y50 70 Notebook Lenovo - Lenovo (IN)

You can update Bluetooth, Webcam, Intel Chipset, Intel Management Engine, Intel Rapid Storage, Touchpad and WLAN drivers.
For Nvidia GPU, Intel GPU and Realtek HD Audio visit their official websites to get the latest drivers.
You can manually update all your drivers using the Device Manager by pointing it to your downloaded and extracted drivers location.
Regarding performance, you will notice slight performance improvement especially on freshly installed OS.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Link: Laptops and netbooks :: Lenovo Y Series laptops :: Y50 70 Notebook Lenovo - Lenovo (IN)

You can update Bluetooth, Webcam, Intel Chipset, Intel Management Engine, Intel Rapid Storage, Touchpad and WLAN drivers.
For Nvidia GPU, Intel GPU and Realtek HD Audio visit their official websites to get the latest drivers.
You can manually update all your drivers using the Device Manager by pointing it to your downloaded and extracted drivers location.
Regarding performance, you will notice slight performance improvement especially on freshly installed OS.

Well, none of the drivers seemed to work for me
Every time I ran an installation, it would extract some files and an error would pop-up, saying "no appropriate driver to be installed" or "this utility cannot be installed on this machine"

How did you manage to install these files?

udit247

Journeyman
Well, none of the drivers seemed to work for me
Every time I ran an installation, it would extract some files and an error would pop-up, saying "no appropriate driver to be installed" or "this utility cannot be installed on this machine"

How did you manage to install these files?

Auto installation is locked for Y50 and that is why i have said you have to install these manually.
To install manually:
1). Run the setup but don't select installation and get the extracted folders & files
2). Create one folder and put all the extracted driver folders & files in it
3). Go to Device Manager>Expand Device>Select Device>Write Click>Select "Update Driver Software">Select "Browse my computer for driver software">Select the folder mentioned in Step 2.
4). Repeat step 3 to update all the required device drivers.

hybridic

Broken In
I have posted a performance review of the Ideapad y510p i5 version . Please dont ask questions as i am not an active member .

Here - *www.digit.in/forum/reviews/185270-review-lenovo-ideapad-y510p-i5-4200m-gt-755m.html

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I have posted a performance review of the Ideapad y510p i5 version . Please dont ask questions as i am not an active member .

Here - *www.digit.in/forum/reviews/185270-review-lenovo-ideapad-y510p-i5-4200m-gt-755m.html

First seemed like a copy paste!

I was wrong !Nice mini-review !

Thanks

Honeydew

Broken In
Hey gaus i have bought the lenovo y510p i7 one.and i want to sli now.i know that ultrabay Gpu is not available in india.so can anyone tell me how to import one?and how much it will cost??

vito scalleta

In the zone
I will get my lenovo y510p next week and I plan to replace the ODD right away with a ssd .. probably Samsung evo 120 gb
so please suggest me compatible caddy..

vito scalleta

In the zone
Replacing ODD with 2nd GPU is a much better option imo.

it is definitely a better option .
bt unfortunately an option not available in India or at only a heavy price.
so I am gonna get a ssd for now and pray they officially release the ultrabay GPU here.
For the caddy there seem to two options available one at 9.5mm and one at 12mm. tell me wat to choose

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
it is definitely a better option .
bt unfortunately an option not available in India or at only a heavy price.
so I am gonna get a ssd for now and pray they officially release the ultrabay GPU here.
For the caddy there seem to two options available one at 9.5mm and one at 12mm. tell me wat to choose

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone ?

This one?
2nd SATA HDD SSD Hard Drive Caddy Adapter for Lenovo Y410 Y510P Y510PT Z500 Z400 | eBay

vito scalleta

In the zone
This one?
2nd SATA HDD SSD Hard Drive Caddy Adapter for Lenovo Y410 Y510P Y510PT Z500 Z400 | eBay

Thanks bt can that product be shipped to India ?
or Can this fit ?
Caddy 2nd HDD HARD DRIVE / SSD 9.5 mm SATA SATA HP DELL ACER Sony ASUS LENOVO | eBay Mobile

vito scalleta

In the zone
I think seller has Intl. shipping and no idea.

Ok.
Both of them look similar in dimensions.. so I am going to buy the one sold in India. (can't wait for int. shipping )
Also I am gng to buy a Samsung evo 120gb ssd. to put in it.
Can I move the OS to the ssd to without damaging the OKR ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Ok.
Both of them look similar in dimensions.. so I am going to buy the one sold in India. (can't wait for int. shipping )
Also I am gng to buy a Samsung evo 120gb ssd. to put in it.
Can I move the OS to the ssd to without damaging the OKR ?

First check if the laptop has a msata or M.2 slot. 120 GB Internal space is too damn less.
It should have a M.2 slot because the laptop comes with a caching SSD.

sdk

Broken In
Hello Guys,
Wanted to ask what are the normal temparatures for y510p,
I am getting about 55 and 58 degrees for the 2 cores with room temperature around 28 degrees and utorrent being the only active application.
I have bought it recently only and I am using Real Temp GT tool for tempratures.
Please advise should I continue to be worried????? :-(

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hello Guys,
Wanted to ask what are the normal temparatures for y510p,
I am getting about 55 and 58 degrees for the 2 cores with room temperature around 28 degrees and utorrent being the only active application.
I have bought it recently only and I am using Real Temp GT tool for tempratures.
Please advise should I continue to be worried????? :-(

Laptop is safe till 85 degrees Celsius.

sdk

Broken In
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]: thanks for replying,
and should I consider it ok for the temperatures shooting upto 60 degrees, without any games being played,
Is there something I can do besides buying a laptop cooler?
Temps used to be around 45-55 range before I updates to win 8.1

vito scalleta

In the zone
First check if the laptop has a msata or M.2 slot. 120 GB Internal space is too damn less.
It should have a M.2 slot because the laptop comes with a caching SSD.

I am not going to use the ssd only.. I will be using it along side my HDD. So the ssd will be in ultrabay.
120gb is enough for OS plus some programs I think..
I don't understand your point about the slot. cause I will be fitting it in ultrabay wer the ODD previously was. so I only need a Sata slot right ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am not going to use the ssd only.. I will be using it along side my HDD. So the ssd will be in ultrabay.
120gb is enough for OS plus some programs I think..
I don't understand your point about the slot. cause I will be fitting it in ultrabay wer the ODD previously was. so I only need a Sata slot right ?

Oh sorry I confused it with Y50.

Top Bottom