The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

Aerrow

Journeyman
I am planning to buy Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 59388313 15.6-Inch Laptop (Dusk Black) from US. But am not sure y510p had international warranty or not.

Can any one help? Had any one bought it from other country?

Yes they do. ADP is not there but international warranty is present.

Hey Dude,

Must Check this stuff from lenovo :

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 59-370611 15.6" Notebook
Intel Core i5-3230M, 2.6 GHz Processor
6 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB Hard Disk
Windows 8 OS
Price: Rs. 53,990

Lenovo IdeaPad U410 59-342788 14" Notebook
Intel Core i7-3517U, 1.9 GHz Processor
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB Hard Disk
Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit OS
Price:Rs. 50,994

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 59-369597 13.3" Notebook
Intel Core i5-3337U, 2.7 GHz Processor
4 GB DDR3 RAM
128 GB SSD
Windows 8 64 bit OS
Price: Rs. 84,990

I was browsing my your topic, my colleagues brought lenovo laptops, i though I should share this stuff with you!

tushar1

Right off the assembly line
hi,
is there two type of model..one has ssd slot and one is without??

i mean,,Is there option for two hdd one is 1tb hdd and another as a cache mini ssd..

i see utube video(title of video - Lenovo y510p SLI First look- more to come )

he show slot for mini ssd.. and another 1tb hdd..

he said model 59375625 that did not have the m.2 msata SSD connector

sanjay18

Some models of Lenovo Y510p outside have 24GB cache drive.Can I request the owners to check whether Indian model 59-390016 has slot and connector for ssd cache drive. It would be appreicated.

abhi_staymetal

hey guys, I bought this beast a few days back, I peeled of the webcam protection, I thought there was some dirt on it n I tried cleaning it...but ended up makin a big scratch on the outer lense cover, now my webcam is totally blurry and cannot be used, what do I do? :( :(
I live in Bangalore btw, will I have to replace the webcam? if yes, how much would it coat approx? (its a HD 720p webcam)

abhi_staymetal

hey guys, I bought this beast a few days back, I peeled of the webcam protection, I thought there was some dirt on it n I tried cleaning it...but ended up makin a big scratch on the outer lense cover, now my webcam is totally blurry and cannot be used, what do I do? :( :(
I live in Bangalore btw, will I have to replace the webcam? if yes, how much would it coat approx? (its a HD 720p webcam)

answer guy,...plsss... :(

rider

as Kratos
Why most laptops nowadays comes with ULV processors? Sony Vaio has stopped making laptops with a proper processor. :?

udit247

Journeyman
Why most laptops nowadays comes with ULV processors? Sony Vaio has stopped making laptops with a proper processor. :?

Even I was thinking the same, it seems to be a monopoly by Intel to force users to upgrade their PC's to ultrabook which mostly have Low TDP processors and this year even Intel moved a step ahead, they have not released any standard TDP based processor in their i3 and i5 series. So only option left for the people demanding standard TDP processors is i7 series and this year a very few notebook vendors have released standard TDP i7 processor based notebooks.

$hadow

Geek in making

Looks like they want only battery life but the consumer pays it at the cost of power and performance. Even dell is also making a lot of ulv processor laptops.

manukoleth

I don't know whether this is the right place to make this post. I bought a Lenovo Y510P laptop on 13th September 2013 after my 6 year old HP Pavillion dv2401tu one fine morning said goodbye and stopped working. The Lenovo worked fine on that eve and I made a full charge of the laptop battery and then disconnected the charge. After the charge reached 10%, when I tried to again charge the battery it was no more taking in any charge or wasn't recharging. I took it to the service centre and they gave me a DOA request to Lenovo as they said it is a problem with motherboard. Now after many emails and after 1 month, Lenovo has accepted the DOA and has agreed to send a check worth my purchase. Now I am in a doubtful mind. Whether to buy the same laptop again? Please advice. If not then give a similar laptop worth the same. I am ready to spend to a max of 80k.

udit247

Journeyman
I don't know whether this is the right place to make this post. I bought a Lenovo Y510P laptop on 13th September 2013 after my 6 year old HP Pavillion dv2401tu one fine morning said goodbye and stopped working. The Lenovo worked fine on that eve and I made a full charge of the laptop battery and then disconnected the charge. After the charge reached 10%, when I tried to again charge the battery it was no more taking in any charge or wasn't recharging. I took it to the service centre and they gave me a DOA request to Lenovo as they said it is a problem with motherboard. Now after many emails and after 1 month, Lenovo has accepted the DOA and has agreed to send a check worth my purchase. Now I am in a doubtful mind. Whether to buy the same laptop again? Please advice. If not then give a similar laptop worth the same. I am ready to spend to a max of 80k.

Have you used Lenovo Energy Management Battery Gauge Reset?? If yes than this problem is bound to happen as reported by many Lenovo Y500 users around the world. Some report this problem has been fixed in Y510P but I doubt it, so I would request all the users of Y500/510P to avoid battery gauge reset instead use age old technique of manually calibrating your battery, simply fully charge your device than fully discharge it and again fully charge it!
In the end I would say if you want powerful yet reasonably priced laptop than go with Y510P

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
So are both the extended warranty with ADP offer and Voucher offer over or only extended warranty?

tech0freak0

tech is in mah bl00d
Voucher offer over.....:shock::shock:..
i haven't filled yet.......

I called to lenovo centre ...
they said u can fill for 5000/- voucher upto 31 nov

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Alright guys a question for those who have got the product after redeeming the vouchers. How long will it show processing once the order is placed.

Top Bottom