The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Aerrow

Journeyman
It's an isolated event and it's illogical to say that everyone's card will die simply because they updated their drivers. That would mean that your card would never die before updating. There's always gonna be some people having some problems but I can assure you the drivers have nothing to do with it.

As for the thread how come I am able to play all those games for hours. If it was a driver problem it would effect everyone not just a few people. Not to mention you are on It and it works for you as well.

Mate, what's wrong with you? It's like you are jumping at me on every sentence. I didnt say my card would die. Neither did I say every card would. I was just wondering if anyone over here has noticed any difference.

It's not an isolated incident though coz nvidia came up and admitted the prob. The nature of the issue is random though. But don't start over this again. If ur card is working fine. Good for u. Cheers.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Mate, what's wrong with you? It's like you are jumping at me on every sentence. I didnt say my card would die. Neither did I say every card would. I was just wondering if anyone over here has noticed any difference.

It's not an isolated incident though coz nvidia came up and admitted the prob. The nature of the issue is random though. But don't start over this again. If ur card is working fine. Good for u. Cheers.
Calm down dude I'm not jumping at you

ohk..wat mi8 be the price of the gt750m model of y500??over there?? and services ...too
Not sure should be around 64-65k you'll have to check yourself to find out. What do you mean by services

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Seller said that it comes with 2 yr warranty but now i can it is only showing one year warranty :S
anyone facing same issue ?

Send an email to pop@lenovo.com including machine serial number, purchase bill etc

Seller said that it comes with 2 yr warranty but now i can it is only showing one year warranty :S
anyone facing same issue ?

Send an email to pop@lenovo.com including machine serial number, purchase bill etc

HeRock

Broken In
hey guys.. ... can u kindly tell me ...a trusted lenovo dealer shop..in kolkata near....from where i can get the lenovo y500 gt750m version...at a reasonable price.... for my cousin ...seeing my bro's lappy he finds its the best... ur suggestions helped me a lot thnx.

also check Vedant Computers. I bought mine from them.

perspex

Broken In
hey guys.. ... can u kindly tell me ...a trusted lenovo dealer shop..in kolkata near....from where i can get the lenovo y500 gt750m version...at a reasonable price.... for my cousin ...seeing my bro's lappy he finds its the best... ur suggestions helped me a lot thnx.

Check Vedant,lenovo showrooms,Technocrat,md computers,Lalani infotech. All of them are in chadni chowk, I just bought my y500 4 days ago from vedant as he was the only one with the last gt650 piece. All the other mentioned shops have the gt750 model. Supreme and others don't have the laptop altogether. The cheapest price i got for the gt750 was at md computers at 64k i think.

What happened to LAP ?

What LAP?

Look at zebronics nc1000 , notepal L1 ( good) and deep cool multicore x6

The first two of above are 600 and less and the other one is 1200.

Cooling pad is not required,it will reduce temp by 2-4 deg max....if you do intensive gaming it won't help a bit.

Really? :| well something is better than nothing i guess :p

Harsh23

Broken In
what was the problem?

I guess that exe file was the problem it was crashing on win 8 as my friend was able to play it on his win 7 ...the revolt crack fixed the bug.... :)

What I notice is the button only works when you press the right side of it not the left side… the left side feels a little loose and on the absolute right edge it's a hard click and ejects instantly

I am having similar problem the led blinks but the drive doesn't eject ...
I have to eject it by seecting eject in my comp....
I'm gonna ask for a replacement...

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Hello guys i just bought Y5OO can any one tell me what are the normal cpu and gpu temp under normal use.

Depends on room temperature. On an average say 66c is average for gpu and 76 for cpu

I guess that exe file was the problem it was crashing on win 8 as my friend was able to play it on his win 7 ...the revolt crack fixed the bug.... :)

I am having similar problem the led blinks but the drive doesn't eject ...
I have to eject it by seecting eject in my comp....
I'm gonna ask for a replacement...
Does everyone have a problem with their DVD drive or am I the only one with a working drive lol. Try ejecting it from the ultrabay port and then reinserting it, booting into windows in between. Also try to uninstall the DVD drive software and reboot windows it will automatically reinstall the DVD drive

Depends on room temperature. On an average say 66c is average for gpu and 76 for cpu

Does everyone have a problem with their DVD drive or am I the only one with a working drive lol. Try ejecting it from the ultrabay port and then reinserting it, booting into windows in between. Also try to uninstall the DVD drive software and reboot windows it will automatically reinstall the DVD drive

You are not alone!!! Me n my Y500 are also there

Kamal17

Broken In
I am from Punjab. Anyone willing to send me recovery disks via courier ? I will happily pay Rs. 1000 for it into your bank account.

I installed windows 8.1 and I can't go back to windows 8 now. Only way is through recovery disks which I don't have. Anyone willing to help please give me your contact details via PM.

I am sorry if this is not allowed here. And if its possible to get discs through lenovo itself, please let me know. I just want to sort it out ASAP because my work is not possible on windows 8.1.

P.S Internet marketer here by the way :)

Top Bottom