The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
well i got the gt650m 1080p model and love it, but already have had a problem with it. I pressed the DVD drive button and the damn thing went inside and it isn't coming out. Even if i use my nail to push it, it just makes a click noise but the drive doesn't come out. I have to manually eject it from computer. The drive is fine, it's reading disks. Just that button is screwed, something with the spring i guess. What should i do? take it to the service center?

What I notice is the button only works when you press the right side of it not the left side… the left side feels a little loose and on the absolute right edge it's a hard click and ejects instantly

HeRock

Broken In
What I notice is the button only works when you press the right side of it not the left side… the left side feels a little loose and on the absolute right edge it's a hard click and ejects instantly

+1.
Also, I'm having a weird problem (not that it matters much)... after closing the tray.. i can BARELY see the DVD Read/write indicator LED blinking even after cupping my hands around it.. guessing the LED might be a little misplaced from the orifice it's supposed to sit in, making it difficult for the light to come out. Same problem, anyone?

deadzone

Journeyman
My dvd drive is working and has LED blinking well.

Well G400 and Goliathus speed has arrived.Played crysis 3 and hacking (F) done easily which i found difficult with my old mouse.

@anupam

The mouse pad is very good. +1

Harsh23

Broken In
Guys I'm having problem playing games on this ...
max payne 3 crashes on startup and crysis 3 also does the same ..
does anyone else here has encountered this problem ...
is win 8 responsible for this or what..??

Win8 is not responsible.....no problems for me.......but its some software problem

anikesh102

Broken In
Hey Guys!! I m in trouble...
i was trying to dual boot install latest ubuntu.
and i messed up pretty bad...
during installation due to my carelessness all the partitions were formatted and a single drive is available with ubuntu installed...
so can u tell me how to install win 8 again?
i will download all the drivers for lenovo support....
can u tell me which version of win 8 should i install so that BIOS key matches wid dat.... bcos my frnd gave me a win8 pro iso file nd i tried to install that but its show an error of key mismatch.... pls reply ASAP.

Aerrow

Journeyman

Because there are tons of reports of the latest driver causing problems to gpus..

Check this out or plainly google 320.18 problems..

*forums.hexus.net/graphics-cards/28...splay-driver-potential-hardware-problems.html

thought it was windows problem too.. do this... download the nvidia driver.. select custom install and choose clean install...

This could fix it..

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Because there are tons of reports of the latest driver causing problems to gpus..

Check this out or plainly google 320.18 problems..

Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver potential hardware problems??

thought it was windows problem too.. do this... download the nvidia driver.. select custom install and choose clean install...

This could fix it..

Dunno all those games including crysis 3 and bf3 work beautifully for me on 320 drivers. It's not the graphics drivers

Aerrow

Journeyman
Dunno all those games including crysis 3 and bf3 work beautifully for me on 320 drivers. It's not the graphics drivers

Lol.. I am already on it. I don't feel much of a performance increase but neither do I feel a lack of it. Go through the link.. ppl have reported that their cards went dead.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Lol.. I am already on it. I don't feel much of a performance increase but neither do I feel a lack of it. Go through the link.. ppl have reported that their cards went dead.
It's an isolated event and it's illogical to say that everyone's card will die simply because they updated their drivers. That would mean that your card would never die before updating. There's always gonna be some people having some problems but I can assure you the drivers have nothing to do with it.

As for the thread how come I am able to play all those games for hours. If it was a driver problem it would effect everyone not just a few people. Not to mention you are on It and it works for you as well.

deadzone

Journeyman
I called lenovo, they said they'll replace my ODD with new one. Anyway, i want to buy a laptop cooler, any suggestions?
What happened to LAP ?

Look at zebronics nc1000 , notepal L1 ( good) and deep cool multicore x6

The first two of above are 600 and less and the other one is 1200.

Cooling pad is not required,it will reduce temp by 2-4 deg max....if you do intensive gaming it won't help a bit.

amtshp

Broken In
hey guys.. ... can u kindly tell me ...a trusted lenovo dealer shop..in kolkata near....from where i can get the lenovo y500 gt750m version...at a reasonable price.... for my cousin ...seeing my bro's lappy he finds its the best... ur suggestions helped me a lot thnx.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hey guys.. ... can u kindly tell me ...a trusted lenovo dealer shop..in kolkata near....from where i can get the lenovo y500 gt750m version...at a reasonable price.... for my cousin ...seeing my bro's lappy he finds its the best... ur suggestions helped me a lot thnx.
try emall. the first shop on the right is a good one its where i bought from.

Top Bottom