The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

amtshp

Broken In
well u see.. gt750m is available with 720p screen.. i was hoping..to replace the screen with 1080p one... but donno if its gonna work.. obviously the model shud be same.. .but will it void the warranty????

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Yeah I know that...
But AFAIK Lenovo 'physicaly' disabled Intel hd 4000 in y500 because sli and optimus won't work together.

I hear you, but then i was poking around in notebookreview and many claim that the Gt 750M model allows you to choose the Intel card from the nvidia control panel.
Could you please try it and report back?

Aerrow

Journeyman
I hear you, but then i was poking around in notebookreview and many claim that the Gt 750M model allows you to choose the Intel card from the nvidia control panel.
Could you please try it and report back?

There might be h/w changes in the newer version... but ppl have even tried unlocked bios and couldn't get it to work.

I would try as soon as I get mine.. all my info is based on my pre - purchase study on the lappy..

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
well u see.. gt750m is available with 720p screen.. i was hoping..to replace the screen with 1080p one... but donno if its gonna work.. obviously the model shud be same.. .but will it void the warranty????

You should be able to put whatever screen you want if the pins are supported… it may void the warranty if any seals are broken.

You should be able to put whatever screen you want if the pins are supported… it may void the warranty if any seals are broken.

HeRock

Broken In
Hey... Y500 owners please post the HIGHEST temperature achieved by the GPU under continuous gaming.. mine is 78°C (as reported by GUP-Z) while I was playing Battlefield 3 for 3 hours continuously .. just wanna make sure that it's normal...

Aerrow

Journeyman
Hey... Y500 owners please post the HIGHEST temperature achieved by the GPU under continuous gaming.. mine is 78°C (as reported by GUP-Z) while I was playing Battlefield 3 for 3 hours continuously .. just wanna make sure that it's normal...

78º is perfectly normal in indian climate atm.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
How? I was trying to find the settings to remap it but couldn't
I forgot how but it involved registry tweaking. Ill post it sometime later however it's more of a gimmick really since the volume is really really low even at full. If I find a way to increase the power output of the mic port ill post it but if not then theres no point. Just said it could be done, not that it should…

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
guys... practically speaking... how bad would it look if someone having a 1080p display tried to scale down to 1366x768 while gaming...?

would it be better or worse compared to someone playing on a screen with a native of 1366x768?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
guys... practically speaking... how bad would it look if someone having a 1080p display tried to scale down to 1366x768 while gaming...?

would it be better or worse compared to someone playing on a screen with a native of 1366x768?
768p on 1080p screen = blurry, ugly
768p on 768p screen = good
I personally recommend a 768p screen for those who considering gaming at ultra a must

Last edited:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
768p on 1080p screen = blurry, ugly
768p on 768p screen = good
I personally recommend a 768p screen for those who considering gaming at ultra a must

yea... thats what i have in mind... cause even if u have gtx 760M with 1080p, it won't be able to play things in a year!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
yea... thats what i have in mind... cause even if u have gtx 760M with 1080p, it won't be able to play things in a year!

Lol where did you hear that bs. As long as you disable aa almost everything should run in high if not ultra which is more than reasonable. Aa is always the limiting factor and honesty not required at the given ppi

Top Bottom