The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Lol where did you hear that bs. As long as you disable aa almost everything should run in high if not ultra which is more than reasonable. Aa is always the limiting factor and honesty not required at the given ppi

It'll be able to play them now... but it won't be futureproof for sure.
you'd have to play at medium high to get good fps

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
It'll be able to play them now... but it won't be futureproof for sure.
you'd have to play at medium high to get good fps
Lol as I said just turn off anti aliasing. It will give a lot of fps. And I already mentioned that 1080p is not good for those obsessed with ultra settings. I am not obsessed with ultra so it doesn't bother me, and at least now I run everything on high. The difference isn't that much for my eyes between high ultra or whatever. I think everyone has forgotten that the quality if the game is important not the quality of graphics

Gtb93

In the zone
My HD3200 on a compaq could run games 'fine' for over 2 years. Like mentioned, the quality of the game is what matters. If you're too obsessed with seeing 'ultra' thingies, don't opt for 1080p with this card.

debaspa5

Right off the assembly line
what the hell flipkart!!! i just brought y500 from nehru place for 66k after for so long and today flipkart is giving 6500 cashback on this laptop,,, y500 for 60k,,,,, aggggghhhhhhh!!!!

H2O

Journeyman
I can understand your frustration but its ok, man. The prices of laptop generally drops. In few months, better equipped laptops will be available for that range. Thats how it is with gadgets. Just be happy that you have got a good laptop. :)

anand.jha

Ohh man...i m in huge dilemma now. I am still on the hunt for FHD version in Delhi and now FK comes with its cashback offer. Has anyone found the old model recently here in delhi??
But even if i do find the 6619, i guess i won't get it for less than 66k which will be 6k costlier than FK offer price....and its valid till God knows when....

Aerrow

Journeyman
i have got my Y500 750M can anybody tell me where can i get recovery dvd for this pre installed os ?

There's a cd key available online for downloading win 8 (just downloading, won't activate. Completely legal). You can use that to download Windows 8 iso directly from Microsoft website. Burn it. Product key for your laptop is embedded in bios. It will auto activate when installed.

Aerrow

Journeyman
To all,

Got my y500 yesterday. Dual 650m.. awesome.... no touch pad issues... nice keyboard and no heating issues.

YaasshDh

Should I buy this laptop (FK is offering an amazing discount) or should I wait for 4th generation of laptops to hit the Indian market?

Any dates on the release of 4th generation of laptops would be helpful

H2O

Journeyman
Nice. Congrats, man. :)

Ohh man...i m in huge dilemma now. I am still on the hunt for FHD version in Delhi and now FK comes with its cashback offer. Has anyone found the old model recently here in delhi??
But even if i do find the 6619, i guess i won't get it for less than 66k which will be 6k costlier than FK offer price....and its valid till God knows when....

Its not valid anymore.

Aerrow

Journeyman
768p on 1080p screen = blurry, ugly
768p on 768p screen = good
I personally recommend a 768p screen for those who considering gaming at ultra a must

The difference is not that big but yeah its noticeable. Ive tried comparing my old and new laptops running the same gape at 720p. The difference is because the display is not running native resolution but its more or less ignorable.

There's a cd key available online for downloading win 8 (just downloading, won't activate. Completely legal). You can use that to download Windows 8 iso directly from Microsoft website. Burn it. Product key for your laptop is embedded in bios. It will auto activate when installed.

Can u give the link ?

Note: It should be Win8 not Win8 Pro. I too have Win8 Pro which my friend downloaded to update his Win7 to Win8

If such an iso exists, then while installing it should accept the BIOS embedded key automatically

768p on 1080p screen = blurry, ugly
768p on 768p screen = good
I personally recommend a 768p screen for those who considering gaming at ultra a must

Thats true because our eyes become used to more ppi screen. But still I would recommend 1080p screen......
For gaming in ultra, you can lower resolution to 900p or 768p, depending on game.
I play CoD MW(LAN) in ultra in 1080p resolution, my friend also plays it in ultra but 768p(Dell, 7730M)..... I can notice the difference between both......1080p looks great

amtshp

Broken In
Re: guys..

guys... i am heading for...y500 new model...xxxxx47 tomorrow...i hope its a future proof for gaming... for next 5 years.. that too a 768p screen

so need ur final decision...shud i go for it..or wait some more time... plzz its urgent...

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
has the new y500 been launched in india? with gt 750m 3rd gen processors? no info on lenovo website about this.

im planning to get the y500 with fhd screen ... but im not sure about the international warranty here... do i need to pay for it seperately?

guys... i am heading for...y500 new model...xxxxx47 tomorrow...i hope its a future proof for gaming... for next 5 years.. that too a 768p screen

so need ur final decision...shud i go for it..or wait some more time... plzz its urgent...

if u get the gt 750m model, close ur eyes and go for it.

Re: guys..

Just go for it.......can't say that it will be future proof for 5 years....
It will run all games for next 3-4 years !!!

perspex

Broken In
well i got the gt650m 1080p model and love it, but already have had a problem with it. I pressed the DVD drive button and the damn thing went inside and it isn't coming out. Even if i use my nail to push it, it just makes a click noise but the drive doesn't come out. I have to manually eject it from computer. The drive is fine, it's reading disks. Just that button is screwed, something with the spring i guess. What should i do? take it to the service center?

well i got the gt650m 1080p model and love it, but already have had a problem with it. I pressed the DVD drive button and the damn thing went inside and it isn't coming out. Even if i use my nail to push it, it just makes a click noise but the drive doesn't come out. I have to manually eject it from computer. The drive is fine, it's reading disks. Just that button is screwed, something with the spring i guess. What should i do? take it to the service center?
Many people complained about DVD drive not ejecting......no problem with mine though

Top Bottom