The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

can anyone tell me the proper settings for colour,brightness,contrast etc for this laptop for watching movies??
beacause if i tilt it a bit back at default settings then it starts getting black at the top....and if i keep it straight the colours are too damn dull to watch anything on it....its too bright and poor colours if i keep it straight

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
the problem with people everyone is they keep arguing without a point. if you saw both screens and found that the 768p screen is good then why are you arguing about it? take that model and gain extra frames. its lucky that you think you have an untrained eye because thats a downside i guess. for example my ears cant listen to anything less than bose or sennheiser anymore.
point being get the 1366x768 model if you are fine with it no need to mindlessly think about it. theres no setbacks or hidden points or anything its just a screen... you are buying this laptop for yourself not for anyone else so if you like it that should be enough.

as for the ultrabay sli, the extra graphics card is neither required nor available, stressing on the not required. may be required in the future for a resolution of 1080p if youre addicted to ultra settings else meaningless. though if you must order it is not available officially in india and must arrange it from somewhere else.

Okay... I was not arguing...
Btw, such a rough answer!!! Boo hoo... :sad::hissyfit::hissyfit::wah::wah::wah:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
can anyone tell me the proper settings for colour,brightness,contrast etc for this laptop for watching movies??
beacause if i tilt it a bit back at default settings then it starts getting black at the top....and if i keep it straight the colours are too damn dull to watch anything on it....its too bright and poor colours if i keep it straight
1) it is a TN diplay. tilting back is supposed to cause black coloration. this display is meant to be used straight
2) do you have the 768p model with the 750m?
3) you can edit some settings from nvidia control panel though i dont recommend this. normally the default settings are teh best else its trial and error

Okay... I was not arguing...
Btw, such a rough answer!!! Boo hoo... :sad::hissyfit::hissyfit::wah::wah::wah:
oh you deserve it. this 1080p vs 768p nonsense has been going on for pages and probably was never gonna end. this point being valid for everyone who is confused about the old and new model based solely on the difference in screen resolutions.

p.s. the dollar rates are spiking so electronics prices may shoot up soon. buy quickly if possible

oh you deserve it. this 1080p vs 768p nonsense has been going on for pages and probably was never gonna end. this point being valid for everyone who is confused about the old and new model based solely on the difference in screen resolutions.

p.s. the dollar rates are spiking so electronics prices may shoot up soon. buy quickly if possible

+1....

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
finally got laptop from service center, the touchpad is synaptics but sometimes gesture touch stop working after restart everything's normal. Any fix for this niggle, suggest a good wireless mouse 1k.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
finally got laptop from service center, the touchpad is synaptics but sometimes gesture touch stop working after restart everything's normal. Any fix for this niggle, suggest a good wireless mouse 1k.
happened to me initially too. try updating drivers. the mouse also sometimes hangs when im installing something i suspect the software is at fault because it stops responding as well. go to synaptics website and download the official latest software from them.
try the microsoft mouse for wireless.my experience with microsoft and mice - simplicity and excellence
Microsoft WMM 1000 Wireless Optical Mouse - Microsoft: Flipkart.com

1) it is a TN diplay. tilting back is supposed to cause black coloration. this display is meant to be used straight
2) do you have the 768p model with the 750m?
3) you can edit some settings from nvidia control panel though i dont recommend this. normally the default settings are teh best else its trial and error

2.Yes
3.Knew this from the beginning.....I was asking whether anyone knew any settings other than default settings, on which movie watching experience could be enhanced.

@powerhoney-dude just go with your instincts man...the more you discuss...the more difficult its going to get for you....I did the same....I am more than happy with what I have....list down what are you going to use your laptop for....then accordingly buy whatever you feel is right....you definitely got to compromise something whether you go for 650m or 750m or y510p....just decide what you can compromise...that's it...try it...its not so difficult...

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
2.Yes
3.Knew this from the beginning.....I was asking whether anyone knew any settings other than default settings, on which movie watching experience could be enhanced.

@powerhoney-dude just go with your instincts man...the more you discuss...the more difficult its going to get for you....I did the same....I am more than happy with what I have....list down what are you going to use your laptop for....then accordingly buy whatever you feel is right....you definitely got to compromise something whether you go for 650m or 750m or y510p....just decide what you can compromise...that's it...try it...its not so difficult...

@powerhoney - dude this is what i meant by bad quality of 768p screens. geek feels the colors are kinda bad on 768p. look nice on my 1080p. go for the 650m man. 750m and 650m are the same thing. there isnt even a 1% difference.

@powerhoney - dude this is what i meant by bad quality of 768p screens. geek feels the colors are kinda bad on 768p. look nice on my 1080p. go for the 650m man. 750m and 650m are the same thing. there isnt even a 1% difference.

colours are not bad at all...its just that when you get a new laptop or monitor you just got to adjust the settings to suit your eye....when I went to buy this laptop....there was a particular video that was playing in one of the laptops, it was not a full HD, but the colours,sharpness etc should have been seen to be believed.....it was spectacular....its that sort of settings that i'm looking for...I guess i'll just ask the shopkeeper for his display settings....

deadzone

Journeyman
Whatever you get 750m or 650m or y510p , you wont regret having the machine....its too good :D

Who plays sleeping dogs here....need some help :) cant find this thing :D

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Thanks guys...
Actually am waiting as I still have some time left!!! :-D Till end of this month...
Waiting for the prices to come down or new models to arrive...
Plus, if all else fails, I can still buy the 650m model locally... Shopkeeper is a family friend of mine!!! :)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Hey guys, I connected my y500 to my 3D TV and nvidia 3DTV PLAY is working perfectly.

The 3D effects is games is great and in some games such as sleeping dogs and tomb raider, the effect is awesome.

The only downside is we have to play only in 720p @60Hz or 1080p@24Hz.

Is there any tweaking to play in 1080p @60Hz?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Whatever you get 750m or 650m or y510p , you wont regret having the machine....its too good :D

Who plays sleeping dogs here....need some help :) cant find this thing :D
use a walkthrough?

Hey guys, I connected my y500 to my 3D TV and nvidia 3DTV PLAY is working perfectly.

The 3D effects is games is great and in some games such as sleeping dogs and tomb raider, the effect is awesome.

The only downside is we have to play only in 720p @60Hz or 1080p@24Hz.

Is there any tweaking to play in 1080p @60Hz?
probably not but its designed with performance and everything in mind. i suggest 720p @ 60hz its more than good enough on a tv. i wish i had a 3dtv :( dad said it was 15k more expensive no way

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
use a walkthrough?

probably not but its designed with performance and everything in mind. i suggest 720p @ 60hz its more than good enough on a tv. i wish i had a 3dtv :( dad said it was 15k more expensive no way

Okay... It's still good only, but I think I saw in some forum about tweaking it..

How to find the cpu and gpu temperature? ? What software to use?

arvendu601

Broken In
what is news about new y500 which have new grapchis card without 1080p coz Lenovo site still have same old config :S

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I am buying from local market because i will use EMI so if i am unable to get old 650M model and is it new model is any good or will go with other company ?

what is news about new y500 which have new grapchis card without 1080p coz Lenovo site still have same old config :S

new model is good too. if you cant find old model get the new one. dont bother for other companies.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
How to use Lenovo energy and battery management after disabling it in startup?. Because it increases 10 seconds of my BIOS time.

I tried the option in advanced power option to enable it, but it doesn't open. I even tried to open the application from program files and nothing opens..

Top Bottom