The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

deadzone

Journeyman
So $1000 for lenovo y510p.
In India its going to be around 75k. Lenovo may not even launch it soon,guys go for y500 gt750.
Purchase online through credit card and get at 63k at flipkart.

deadzone

Journeyman
@deadzone - dude wen u gonna gt ur shipment????

On next Thursday.......

@herock
Well then you should wait.....actually even flipkart doesn't have ready stock yet .So if shops are saying that it will take 1week then its OK....

Those who have ordered from flipkart will get by next week only :) need to wait
:(

God will v ever get dis???

Nw I think flipkarts gonna play dis next week game.....and dis tym 63grand is on stake....thankgod....I did not order it in d first place....at least money's safe

deadzone

Journeyman
Lol .... Money is safe with flipkart anyways....

They are trusted ecommerce site....have been purchasing since 2010.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Can someone please confirm with Flipkart that they are gonna be shipping the ones with FullHD screens??? They didn't reply to my email!!!:evil:
P.S.: Should be getting my SBI Silver Card today... Hope it works!!!:-?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Can someone please confirm with Flipkart that they are gonna be shipping the ones with FullHD screens??? They didn't reply to my email!!!:evil:
P.S.: Should be getting my SBI Silver Card today... Hope it works!!!:-?

Wait for someone's to arrive then we shall know or wait for it to arrive in the store

flipkart slashes price by 2k..!!!!!

Those who ordered from flipkart r getting their shipment delayed.... and nw dis...I guess Lenovo guys r selling all their stock to flipkart only...not selling to local markets...thus creating an artificial shortage and increased price in local markets....so everyone on a tight budget will buy it from flipkart only.... looks like sum sort of association between them...

Arnab.rc

Broken In
by the way.. does anybody knows higher tdp is good or bad?.. like in 3630qm the tdp is 45watt and 3632 its 35 watt... but for that the 3632 is getting much less scores in benchmark tests... also the newer model 510p will come with 4700 mq (47 watt tdp)... is lower tdp good for laptop longevity ??

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
by the way.. does anybody knows higher tdp is good or bad?.. like in 3630qm the tdp is 45watt and 3632 its 35 watt... but for that the 3632 is getting much less scores in benchmark tests... also the newer model 510p will come with 4700 mq (47 watt tdp)... is lower tdp good for laptop longevity ??

more tdp = more power ( in general ) = more heat = more cooling required.
the 4700mq and 3632qm seem to have similar specs. the extra tdp may be for the more powerful intel hd series graphics . tdp is called thermal design power and is normally the max power consumption. the new cpu should not affect gaming much.

as for your actual question i believe a lower tdp is better since less heat so longer life. less temperatures so throttling shouldnt be a problem too. you get lower power of course but a high power is not really required to begin with.

HeRock

Broken In
Hey... any of you guys have upgraded the RAM? What's the memory config the Y500 comes with? 2x4GB or 1x8GB?

H2O

Journeyman
Hey... any of you guys have upgraded the RAM? What's the memory config the Y500 comes with? 2x4GB or 1x8GB?

As far as I know, its 2x4GB.

WTF!

Anyone has checked Flipkart site?

The price for Lenovo Y500 is Rs. 64663 now. :shock:

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y5...no=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=lenovo y500

Now its Rs. 65990.

Has someoen hacked the site or what?

Top Bottom