The JBL J88s

darkv0id

Journeyman
I was just browsing for a pair of headphones and I stumbled across The JBL J88 on Flipkart.

So I cross check the price on Amazon, and well... see for yourself.

Sooo..

1. WTF is up with this insane price difference (~Rs. 4000)? Aren't electronics supposed to be, like, cheaper the US compared to India?

2. How do J88s compare with headphones in the similar price range, say the Sennheiser 203 or Audio Technica ATH SJ33 ?

Knight2A4

In the zone
I was just browsing for a pair of headphones and I stumbled across The JBL J88 on Flipkart.

So I cross check the price on Amazon, and well... see for yourself.

Sooo..

1. WTF is up with this insane price difference (~Rs. 4000)? Aren't electronics supposed to be, like, cheaper the US compared to India

Those price on flipkart are not updated in conjunction with dollar to Rs. Or are stock that was brought at the time when dollar was not that much higher i mean 1 Dollar = 60 Rs now. if they updated there price then it would be like 7797 Rs now. so i guess it would be a good bye if they sell you that headphone for the price now. :-D ...

OP
darkv0id

darkv0id

Journeyman
Yeah I get that they are a good deal when I consider the price compared to Amazon. But how good are they, objectively speaking? How do they compare to the Sennheisers and the Audio Technica headphones that I mentioned in the OP? That's what I really want to know.

Anyone?

Knight2A4

In the zone
I have not personally used these headsets myself but if you want to compare them the best way to first identify what are you going to exactly use them for. movies, Gaming or music. Normally for movies headphone's that can produce surround sound with good isolation are good enough. for gaming along with the above include a mic. for communicating in-game for multiplayer like team fortress 2 & counter strike. Music is a very personal preference some people like brassy headphone. Some like sound as it was recoded & as the recording artist wanted it to be heard. So ... decide yourself what you what .... & then Google for the reviews see if someone have given review & advice to use these headphones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom