The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
My friend has 2gb of ram and integrated graphics(intel accelerator).
But when he palys CS1.6 the fps are 60 at max and drop to even 30 while intensive firing and hangs often in smoke.We tried the interp command and also the fast sprites command,but it does not help. Do you have any solution???

I have 8600GT but have to put the setting to max performance to get 100fps. Some of my friends play at 100fps even when they dont have a graphics card,,,,,,,,
Cant the fps go beyond 100fps??

My friend has 2gb of ram and integrated graphics(intel accelerator).
But when he palys CS1.6 the fps are 60 at max and drop to even 30 while intensive firing and hangs often in smoke.We tried the interp command and also the fast sprites command,but it does not help. Do you have any solution???
The graphics drivers are up to date.

I have 8600GT but have to put the setting to max performance to get 100fps. Some of my friends play at 100fps even when they dont have a graphics card,,,,,,,,
Cant the fps go beyond 100fps??

bro the fps is stuck at 60 because of V-sync.... sisnce intel accelerator drivers dont have any option to turn off v-sync ull have to add a freqency command in the launch parameters...

for steam :

right click on game > properties > Set Launch Options > here ad this : -freq x (where x is the maximum frequency supported by ur monitor at ur desired resolution)

for non-steam :

right click on short cut > properties > add this at the end of the target path : -freq x (where x is same frequency as above)

now as for ur second question there is a way to increase the fps beyond 100 ... but after u do tht the game actually goes into smthing like bullet time mode...

add this in the launch options or after the target path : -developer
now in game open the console and type : fps_max y ( y is the desired max fps )

believe me ull hate it...

also as for the frame dropping problem ... minimize the game > open task manager > goto processes tab > right click on hl.exe > set priority to Real time or Highest ....
( this tip is seriously not advised and shld be used inly as a last resort)

Hope This Helps!

anshul

Journeyman
We tried this...........
the game closes after doing that "target" method. I played on 140 fps and it was not so bad........mothing like bullete mode......also develpoer command at "target" crashes my game too.....doing it at the console helps.......

We also tried the last task manager method ............the game hanged ...........had to restart......and now the explorer does not open..........
My friend is grabbing my neck at present for having done such a thing to his PC.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
bro then all the probs are definately being caused by using ripped version of CS1.6 .... try steam one and let me noe,,,

anshul

Journeyman
I dont know whether it is ripped it or not as I have the setup of CS-condition Zero +CS 1.6 build 2738 with patch 19 installed............
I don't have a steam version.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
i have no idea regarding the combined illegal version ... but everywhere i have tried the developer mode be it steam or non-steam ... i never caused any probs or lockdowns... there is something wrong with the windows installation i guess or may be a malware or smthing...

anshul

Journeyman
I made a spray. Installed it on my PC . Works fine. Installed it on my home PC....works fine....installed it on my friends PC does not work....installed it on many Vista PC...does not work........
here's the method.....
make wad file from wally
name it as pldecal.wad
delete tempdecal.wad and custom.hpk from cstrike folder
make its copy in the cstrike folder alongwith it.(the file will rename as copy of pldecal.wad)
rename the copy as tempdecal.wad
create a bmp image of same dimensions in the valve/valve/logos folder and named it the name of the spray.

start the game and enjoy it....

I can enjoy but my friends cant......

tried developer 1 and allow_upload methods.........
In vista custom.hpk is not generated again.....in XP it regenerates but still my friend cant spray his own masterpiece.

Any help/suggestions????

i have no idea regarding the combined illegal version ... but everywhere i have tried the developer mode be it steam or non-steam ... i never caused any probs or lockdowns... there is something wrong with the windows installation i guess or may be a malware or smthing...

the windows installation is fine............
also when we tried the target method........CS 1.6 did not start....half life started
and we had to start CS 1.6 from there on.

Last edited:

KoRn

In the zone
@ashu
Well im quite busy with researching and stuff..im doing my eng hons 1st year from hindu coll.so not much time for cs.learnt a lot of stuff with recoil controlling and all esp the AK...luv dat gun...deagle is 2 cool for mid range(accuracy 100% xP)...
Will definitely play cs soon.the prob is dat i want to start a clan in delhi.me and my fren need 3 more guys.so hopefully we will be able to.any volunteers?? xP
Anyways,ashu u tc and all the best for ur studying thingee...
hoping to buy a gaming mouse but dont know which one is good like in terms of price and performance...can yall help me out??im in delhi so tell me a place.i dont want online shopping and all dat.
DOES A MOUSE REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
IVE SEEN A PRO GAMER OUTSIDE INDIA USING A BALL MOUSE AND OWNING.

~headbangs....swoons...faints...wakes up....keeewl...~ *_*

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
@ashu
Well im quite busy with researching and stuff..im doing my eng hons 1st year from hindu coll.so not much time for cs.learnt a lot of stuff with recoil controlling and all esp the AK...luv dat gun...deagle is 2 cool for mid range(accuracy 100% xP)...
Will definitely play cs soon.the prob is dat i want to start a clan in delhi.

YES A MOUSE REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE. :evil:
dude go to smc international address: 105 dipali tower nehru place and see their razer collection.....:D:D i recently bought my copperhead from them @ 2900!!! and dude ill be ready to join ur clan my no. 9818817430 but beware me only 14 and my rank 125 in cs 1.6 dm server :evil: :mrgreen:

hw to control recoil??? explain that to me plz:confused: is it steam cs or no steam? :confused::confused: very confused.... since past two days after seeing wcg and cpl vids.... and ppl tell me that it is cs 1.6 steam steam message fr u ...
[!@@#@#$#%$$%^@#@#@$#$#!@#@#@#!!] { u suck simply} !!!!!!!!!

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
@noas u shld have gone for the DA instead for around 3200 bucks... much better ...though it lacks the uber kewl featurs of the copperhead.. its grip and comfort feel are legendary....

or if u can spend around 4k+ then i have smthing even better ... the Steel Series Ikari Optical ... this mouse even beats the Deathadder.

Copperhead has a very stupid grip and feel... but its good if u feel it suits u well.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ korn

all the best for ur clan huntin .. :) i will not be able to join in at this moment coz i myself am occupied with sum programming and s/w courses.. but yes, will keep in touch with u.. :D

yup, me completed my so called "study thingee" (my i.t engineering in June,08..phew !! tat took sum serious doing.. :D )
----------------------

@ ambar.

buddy, im not,into gaming mouse, but yes wud love to see sum pics of those gaming mouse..:) so plz post sum.. also, are these gaming mouses dedicated to CS play or all mouse handled games like Quake, Doom, FEAR..etc...
----------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
are nahi re ashu ... gaming mouse are used just to overcome the limitations of normal mouse.. and give u much better control over the movements and the game... but tht only if u use a gud mouse pad with it.....will post pics of MX-518,Deathadder ,Intelli 3.0 by tmrw evening.. :) ... as u may have observed normal mice tend to skip when moved very fast...

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
dude ambar i was getting the da for 2500 :D :evil: hehehehehhehehe...

i like the copperhead because of

0.ultra effective tracking avago cl-1 laser engine tracker... best in class..:evil:
1. sexy uber cool loooks not tht imp..:rolleyes:
2. quite high dpi i.e. 2000 :evil: [umm.. nt that high also]
3. its razer synapse profile...... ;)
and um.... its really amazing ambidextrous design...:D wht ever ppl say about holding the mouse in diff ways.. :evil: i hold the copperhead in a palm grip... :cool:
and it REALLY OWNS!! :shock:

and dude abt the stell series akari optical mouse is DAMN EXPENSIVE AND ACCORDING TO DIGIT IT JUST TRACKS A LITTLE BETTER THAN mx - 518 so.. its pointless to pay that much for a puny mouse:evil::evil: i.e. the high cost is not justified...

ill post images of ma ch today maybe...:evil: camera spolit....

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
oh didnt noe the DA has become soo cheap ... neways id also go to the extent of saying the digit review of Ikari was total %#$^ .... man i was shocked to read it,,, top gamers and gaming websites are all going bonkers bout this mouse not only around the world but in india too .... who the hell reviewed it?? ... i have one thing to say gaming hardware can only be reviewed by hardcore gaming people like that of skoar! ... not the testcenter guys ... as for the ikari being a little better then they are wayyy wrong theres a huge diffference between both.... i have all of em Ikari,DA,MX,3.0 ...

id say the following:

MX only if ur on a budget
u want smthing killer get the DA (the IR sensor is wayy too accurate)

if u can go beyond the 4k mark nothing beats the Ikari .... as always the all laser sensors are total crap ... IR sensor >Optical Sensor> Laser Sensor

this is the reason why the ikari laser has failed .... and the optical one is flying off the shelves ....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ hey nice topic discussing this man,, im loving this hearing abt the various names (they all hv killer names as if they were like silent assassins ..lol..)

thanx for posting these abt gaming mouse..ambar and noa.. :)
------------
Btw, (jus for my info) where are these mouses available for buying in India, any site !! genuine one!!
-----------

Cheers n e-peace...

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
well u can contact me for v-street.net .. if u want steelseries stuff.... i handle the delhi region.

*i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/bloodhawk1989/sale002.jpg
*i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/bloodhawk1989/sale003.jpg*i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/bloodhawk1989/sale004.jpg

*img508.imageshack.us/img508/9633/miceonlarg2ts8.jpg*img411.imageshack.us/img411/4695/miceonlargeqr2.jpg*img530.imageshack.us/img530/3719/laregainow9.jpg*img402.imageshack.us/img402/6828/titanvsgoliathusyi5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well thanx for the screenies, yup, will contact u not now but later..as no plans to buy a gaming mouse as of now :) but thanx again for the info.. :) (i jus forgot to see ur siggy) :D

btw, wich gaming mouse are u using !! coz i'll take wat u hv already played coz im a noob in this..
--------

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
i basically use the MX 518 @ home for normal work and the deathadder for gaming on lan and at home.. i basically dont use the CH (i hate it) , 3.0- its a limited edition and is not longer available and the 1.1 - again a limited edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom