the good old drivers prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
i have hp pavilion a1514in desktop. formatted it but not getting the pci device driver anywhere.
also not getting microsoft UAA bus driver. so my sound npot playing. pls give link quickly. dont ask me motherboard.

help guys

bhaijaan koi bata do

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if those drivers are not there, then it means you installed a pirated XP.

just run the "Standard System Recovery", XP will Install with all drivers...,

IF you COMPLETELY Formatted the HDD or DELETED the Recovery Partition, then only option for you is to run "FULL System Recovery" .

WARNING: if you run Full System recovery, you'll LOSE ALL DATA & Partitions IN HDD.

So better have Back-ups of the neccesary files :wink: before doing that.

to have the sound back- the other way around is to have XP SP2 patch.

I strongly reccomend you to install XP from the Recovery Disks provided by HP.
coz you HAVE a GENUINE version of XP, so why use a pirated thing:?:

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
windows in original but not of this pc but of my lappie. i have got it activated nad passed validation also. it is win xp pro sp2 already.
no system recovery working maybe cause i changed the drive letter of recovery disk.
also recovery cd saying that this disk is not meant of this model. hell.

can i get the driver somewhere? PCI Device sound still not coming.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
The XP Pro Rec. Disk for the lappy is designed as such all the laptop m/b drivers get installed while XP is installing, so the audio drivers are not installed on Desktop m/b...

just un-install the video drivers...audio (maybe present in add/remove...) & Download the DRIVERS for your desktop from "HP a1514in desktop model page" & install them:wink:

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
i installed the drivers from that page. all of them. for chipset graphics and for audio it is saying that microsoft universal audio architecture bus driver is needed but that is not available anywhere. i have sp2.

*img467.imageshack.us/img467/697/probep2.th.jpg

please help. it damn boring without sound!

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hmm, is your XP updated, coz i too faced the very same issue (UAA) on XP Pro, but the problem solved when i updated the XP, at that time (a month back), it was around 77 Update files, took around a hour for both download & installation. you can also try AutoPatcher for XP :)

my problm was, the Audio drivers refused to install.

btw also try to download & install the audio driver from the manufacturer site. (not HP).
if you have RealTek Audio, then d/l it from here - www.realtek.com.tw/default.aspx

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
tried to update it yesterday. 78 odd filer but 90% failed. am tryin g autopatcher

Got From Realtek Website. Thanks Buddy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom