OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Equal justice for all.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
English players bias, period. Nothing to with Arsenal or Liverpool.

I can't remember Ronaldo or Babel(vs. Arsenal CL QF) getting a 2 match ban.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I can't remember Ronaldo or Babel(vs. Arsenal CL QF) getting a 2 match ban.
Huh? He was pulled out by Fabregas (out the box actually) and collided with Toure. In a nutshell he was pulled down. Prolly only a freekick (since foul outside the bx), but was not a dive. He didn't run and throw himself away like Eduardo did.
And yes Ronaldo has to be dealt with.

Ah oh I was talking about English media bias.
EDIT: Looked at the incident again. OK it *might* have been a dive. But there's some amount of doubt about it.

Last edited:

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
^^Your argument is "donkey balls".We have had people who support Barca,Real and even Zenit in this thread.
Really do you need to watch Serie-A\Spanish league to hate the teams?Most of the fans supporting the top English clubs despise Barca\Real\AC Milan because of their antics.
Rivalries are not limited to a league when you support major European powers,like most of the people here do.

i do not wish to fight over this...but then why not Inter,Lyon,Roma in the poll..ppl must be hating them too innit??

"Really do you need to watch Serie-A\Spanish League to hate the teams" ->dude how can u hate/love any team without having watched them play?

i'm sorry but i'm not the one NOT making any sense

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^ You dont watch Champions League. :lol:
And yes regarding Roma's history of their retard fans, there is reason to hate them. So they need to be in the list too. :D

I know tho why Barca is in the list. :lol:

XTerminator

Yes they have every right to take action,but they don't do it often enough.Diving happens every week in every competition.Only because media blew the incident over the top,they are compelled to take an action.
This is the same media which ignores or edits out Gerrard\Rooney dives in the highlights:| ITV wanked about the dive all the time as if nothing else happened over the 2 legs.

i knda agree with u on eduardo..but hey ronnie dived,not rooney! and apparently this was the last time rooney dived

www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1126/manunited.html

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
However, Ferguson attempted to deflect the focus on Rooney by attacking former Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires. 'I think he has been watching Pires too much,' the United boss said

LMAO Classic :D

OMG! I play too much FPSes dunno when I will start killing people :lol:

XTerminator

^ ^ ^ You dont watch Champions League. :lol:
And yes regarding Roma's history of their retard fans, there is reason to hate them. So they need to be in the list too. :D

I know tho why Barca is in the list. :lol:

i do dude..bt then not many ppl will be real madrid fans considering they never go beyond the last 16...the last time u sent them crying like babies.

regarding roma's retard fans..i agree.

a wiki entry says "In 2006, three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed and 10 others injured during fights with Roma fans in a UEFA Cup quarter-final match"

:p :p :p

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
i do not wish to fight over this...but then why not Inter,Lyon,Roma in the poll..ppl must be hating them too innit??

dude how can u hate/love any team without having watched them play?
Put yourself in shoes of an Arsenal fan and try to judge Real and Barca's antics in EVERY SINGLE transfer window of the recent years.From Vieira to Fabregas.
Its difficult not to despise them.

Inter,Lyon etc. are hardly the bad boys of Football,unless your team has a local rivalry with them.
Posted again:
i knda agree with u on eduardo..but hey ronnie dived,not rooney! and apparently this was the last time rooney dived

www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1126/manunited.html
I take it that you are a "recent" Man United supporter.
Rooney's notorious dive at OT ended Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten run.

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
^Pires was the King of Diving :p I still remember how he use to tangle his leg with others and fall over. I am sure Wenger wouldn't have seen ze incident. I don't believe you are picking on Rooney. He is not a habitual diver like Pires.
Let me remind you all of another great who use to kiss the ground as if he is on a honeymoon with his wife. Luis Figo. Not-so-regular Ronaldinho and of course C.Ronaldo.
Filipo Inzaghi who use to defy gravity and fall over even if he is the only player in the penalty box :D "Yeh toh pawan ka jhonka hai, jo mere badan ko hila raha hai, dula raha hai" :) After Pires, the nest diver has to be Marc Van Bommel.

I am a little surprised that Gerrard & Rooney have been mentioned in the same league as them. They dive but not so regularly.
On a second thought, players dive out of desperation when their team is in a bad situation.

Lets just end this diving business now. Officials should use replays after the game to ban the players.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^Pires was the King of Diving :p I still remember how he use to tangle his leg with others and fall over. I am sure Wenger wouldn't have seen ze incident. I don't believe you are picking on Rooney. He is not a habitual diver like Pires.
Let me remind you all of another great who use to kiss the ground as if he is on a honeymoon with his wife. Luis Figo. Not-so-regular Ronaldinho and of course C.Ronaldo.
Filipo Inzaghi who use to defy gravity and fall over even if he is the only player in the penalty box :D "Yeh toh pawan ka jhonka hai, jo mere badan ko hila raha hai, dula raha hai" :) After Pires, the nest diver has to be Marc Van Bommel.

I am a little surprised that Gerrard & Rooney have been mentioned in the same league as them. They dive but not so regularly.
On a second thought, players dive out of desperation when their team is in a bad situation.

Lets just end this diving business now. Officials should use replays after the game to ban the players.

Pires the king of diving :rolleyes: Just as Eduardo is the person who added the word "diving" in football dictionary.Cristiano Ronaldo?

No doubt Pires dived but media absolutely hated Arsenal back then(bunch of foreigners running riot in PL),they still do and blow the incident out of proportion.
If Rooney were French and played for Arsenal,you would be calling him the diver king because of all the press hype.

Arsenal FC have been the biggest advocates of video evidence for quite some time,but UEFA doesn't listen until the media wank on a story for a month.
Posted again:
For me it was the issue ended yesterday.Eduardo should not have dived,and I hope he won't do it again.But first the media,then the Celtic players-who managed 2 shots on goal over the 2 legs,Scottish football Association and now UEFA are blowing it over the top.
Posted again:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I
Lol-video made by redcafe.Nothing against Liverpool fans.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Well, I can easily get "huge compilations" of dives by CR79 or Gerrard on YouTube. :|

It's quite funny that dives by Gerrard or Rooney are actually termed as 'self-defense' and when they win a penalty, the commentators say that, "Look how cleverly he forced a foul onto him." :|

Eduardo dived. Simple as that and it's not something we Arsenal fans are really happy about.

Was the Atletico Madrid game the only game Gerrard dived? ehh? :|

Babel's one was a clear dive. oh! then what about Hleb being fouled by Kuyt in the box which was considered a 'dive'. :|

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
New development.

UEFA today charged Arsenal striker Eduardo with diving to win a penalty against Celtic and he could now face missing the Gunners' first two Champions League group games.

European football's governing body announced they had opened disciplinary proceedings against the Croatia international for "deceiving the referee" in Wednesday night's play-off round second leg at the Emirates Stadium.

UEFA said in a statement: "Having studied video evidence of the incident in question, the UEFA disciplinary inspector decided to charge the player concerned. The UEFA control and disciplinary body will examine the case on September 1."

The charge is based on Article 10, paragraph 1c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (misconduct of players) which states: "Players may be suspended for two competition matches, or for a specified period, for acting with the obvious intent to cause any match official to make an incorrect decision or supporting his error of judgment and thereby causing him to make an incorrect decision."

"deceiving the referee"
:lol:
I am Ok with this decision.This means everyone who dives in the future will get a two match ban.
Or will they?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
hmm let's end this and let our Football to do all the talking. We have a tough fixture this weekend.

Will Rosicky be starting?

XTerminator

Put yourself in shoes of an Arsenal fan and try to judge Real and Barca's antics in EVERY SINGLE transfer window of the recent years.From Vieira to Fabregas.
Its difficult not to despise them.

Inter,Lyon etc. are hardly the bad boys of Football,unless your team has a local rivalry with them.
Posted again:

I take it that you are a "recent" Man United supporter.
Rooney's notorious dive at OT ended Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten run.

2004 is recent? ok im a recent utd supporter... but is arsenals unbeaten record recent? nah

wud also like to add tht utd won 2-0 in tht match..rooney himself scorin the other while nistelrooy had taken the penalty earlier.but only because rooney ended this run doesnt mean u blatantly put his name in the "Divers' lounge"

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I hate to get into this again and again. You gooners make it seem as if players like Gerrard and Rooney are players who dive all the time like the lot of Pires or C.Ronaldo :rolleyes:

Oh I dont consider Rooney as a diver either no matter how much I hate him. Does that mean he has NEVER dived? eh?

And I wonder players of your team wouldn't have tried to take advantage in such situations. :rolleyes: You cannot deny they wouldn't

It would be too much to expect players to self-discipling themselves about dives. It should be UEFA and the referees who should handle it appropriately.

And oh this decision by UEFA is laudable, a rare feat.

Anyway yeah let's end this discussion.

XTerminator

yea i think the eduardo incident is a warning to those (U hearing ronaldo?? U left united so its for u too now :p) tht diving is a punishable offence...eduardo must be freaked out by now...

btw i dint hear a mention on drogba since we're talkin abt simulations here..a start a to a nu debate :p

also wud like to add tht rooney would not have been the target of "accusations" made by the Gonners had he scored an og tht'd helped ars continue their run.

and gonners are u angry tht rooney scored his first (when at everton,became the youngest scorer then) against u and tht dumbass keeper semen (oops :D) seaman?

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I hate to get into this again and again. You gooners make it seem as if players like Gerrard and Rooney are players who dive all the time like the lot of Pires or C.Ronaldo :rolleyes:
Pires was a diver. Accepted.

hmm but why was no action taken against the other players who HAVE dived earlier repetitively?

The fact that the action is being taken against the player who may have been seen diving for the first time is very harsh. :|

But as a football fan, I'm happy with UEFA's decision.

Top Bottom