• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Wenger's record in 2005.7 major trophies in 8 years.2 doubles+invincibles.
The only man who can stop Manu is lost in his own stubbornness :(
Agreed. :|

His biggest mistake was to let Fla-money go. He wanted better wages, Wenger should have given him. He was the perfect holding midfielder, doing tackles and relieving/allowing Fabregas to go ahead. Then Gilberto. Gilberto had lost form, but atleast he had the experience and he would have been better than Song/Denilson.

We can see what Denilson and Song are doing. I haven't seen them passing the ball through to the strikers ever. Their vision is poor. They just keep on passing the ball parallely to the center line. :| As far as stamina is concerned, I'm not sure does Denilson have it? Secondly, Bendtner. His first touch is pathetic and finishing, I shouldn't talk. Heck, even I can score the goals which he has missed. How many chances he had in Burnley and also in the game against Cardiff. :| Though one thing I like about him is, atleast he gets into the position of scoring.

Denilson, Song & Bendtner need to be sold. I'm pretty sure, Carlos Vela, Ramsey and Wilshere if given chances, can be better than them.

Defense seems okay now as are not conceding goals, but attack is a problem now.

Last year's team was PERFECT to win the title this year, but Wenger has mismanaged this time. :|

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Yeah I remember how good Arsenal were going last year, before their loss to Birmingham. Ever since then, they haven't been playing too good.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I was watching the Arsenal vs Fulham match today. The Emirates crowd is partly to blame for the team's poor performances. The players were heckled for 'keeping the ball' and not passing it forwards!! They are putting a tremendous amount of pressure on the players. The Arses (err.. Arsenal players :D) looked like they were scared of making a wrong move and becoming the next Ebooooooooue. Fulham played well, though. If Bendtner had missed all those chances that RVP missed, he would have been slaughtered in the press and by the 'fans'.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
The team needs a kick up its Arse.The same team performs brilliantly in cup games but they don't even try in PL.Only if Wenger had a hair drier in his arsenal :))
Well,the fans witnessed one of the best footballing sides of the world for 10 odd years.This team is just average in comparison to the previous Arsenal team,so naturally the people are spoiled.But yes they should be more vocal in the support of the team.

Lol RVP has started to get some stick already.He said he will sign for Arsenal only if CL football is guarnteed - so dude start putting those free headers in the goal and do your part.

Btw. Barca have lost again in La liga,4-3 to Atletico.The once 12 point lead on Real has been reduced to just 4 now.Pretty amazing how quick things turn around in football,like stoke bringing us back in CL race in last 2 mins at villa.

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
It reminds me when Henry accused the lack of atmosphere at Emirates as compared to Highbury, being the real reason of this Arsenal team. In fact i beleive they have sold too many solid characters and have replaced them with nipple sucking kids(bottle wala guys :D)
Wenger should take the moral responsibility of his team's poor performances :p We love the way Arsenal play football. This season has been experimental in nature, with Eboue in the CM as an example. Too many kids/average players/lack of soine/too many cute players/adamant manager.

cyberpyrate

Broken In
It reminds me when Henry accused the lack of atmosphere at Emirates as compared to Highbury, being the real reason of this Arsenal team. In fact i beleive they have sold too many solid characters and have replaced them with nipple sucking kids(bottle wala guys :D)
Wenger should take the moral responsibility of his team's poor performances :p We love the way Arsenal play football. This season has been experimental in nature, with Eboue in the CM as an example. Too many kids/average players/lack of soine/too many cute players/adamant manager.

i with all that but give villa some credit for challenging for last CL spot
i mean i love watching them play

Rahim

Married!
@Cyberpyrate: Yes. We have to give the credit to Martin O'Neal and his work of re-building Villa began last season. Hard work pays.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ Also, Everton are just 2 pts behind Arsenal now. David Moyes has done a brilliant job with that thread-bare squad. Just a few weeks ago they had all their strikers crocked and had to play Cahill as CF.

In La Liga, Barca look like they are about to self-destruct. Madrid are now just 4 pts behind, when a couple of weeks ago the gap was 12 pts. It's gonna be good!! :D

Italy - Inter in cruise control. The rest are just not good enough.

Germany - Hertha at the top, Hoffenheim slipped to 3rd. Martin Jol's Hamburg are 2nd. Bayern have slipped to 5th.

This has been your weekly European football update. :D

red_devil

Back!
hey when is the man u v/s pompey match which got postponed from yesterday ??

THE SUN said:
ANDREY ARSHAVIN says the thought of missing out on the Champions League is driving Arsenal on.

lol...if he had stayed back at Zenit, he could have alteast played in the group stages :D

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
^ hey btw....what happens if Arsenal win this season and get out of top 4 ???

assuming Villa get into 4th place...what next ?? will villa get to play in the CL ??

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
No Villa will play UEFA cup :lol:
Happened in 2005 when Liverpool finished out of top 4 but nicked the CL spot off rivals Everton by winning the cup.

Btw. I just thought that Tottenham won't be in Europe next season since their only way there is gone.Well it would have been odd to see a Championship team play in Europe anyway lol

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ Pool didn't 'nick' the CL spot from Everton. Pool were forced to play the CL qualifiers from the very beginning, where the smallest teams start. Everton got knocked out in their qualifiers anyway. If the same thing happens again, sorry to burst your bubble but Aston Villa WILL play the CL qualifiers and they will start at a higher qualifying level than you lot. :lol:

Sheesh!! Talk about arrogance and birthright!! :lol:

red_devil

Back!
err...googling a bit just got me this :

There was controversy when Liverpool won the competition in 2004–05 but finished outside the top four in the FA Premier League. The Football Association ruled that Everton, who finished fourth in the Premier League, should get the final English place in the 2005–06 European Cup. UEFA came to an agreement that both Merseyside rivals would be allowed to enter the competition with Liverpool starting from the first qualifying round and Everton starting from the third qualifying round. UEFA's current rule is that if the European Cup winners fail to finish in one of its national league's qualifying positions, it will take the place of the lowest placed team in its league. The superseded team will go to the UEFA Cup.

so Kl@w, i think Arsenal_gunners is right.

PS : source of info - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ That didn't happen in the Pool-Everton case. :confused:

Okay, so I was right about the Pool bit but I should update myself with stupid UEFA rules more often. :D

But I know it won't come to this. ;)

Oh, and from next season the top 3 English teams go into the group stages directly. The 4th placed team has to play qualifiers.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
-----------------------

On a side-note, anyone notice that both of Spuds' ex-managers are sitting pretty at 2nd in their respective leagues right now? :D :lol:

Top Bottom