• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Suarez has clearly stated he has NOT racially abused Evra.

dude he himself accepted the fact that he said 'something' to Evra on Uruguayan TV/Radio. Now why would Evra bring this racism issue out of nowhere?

Anyways,the only thing which was heartening to see during all this racism sh1te was Rio tweeting some sense :lol: instead of the 'oooooooooooof' and 'stay on your feet' sh1te :lol:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
dude he himself accepted the fact that he said 'something' to Evra on Uruguayan TV/Radio. Now why would Evra bring this racism issue out of nowhere?
So that something has to be racist? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, let us assume, Suarez did knowingly racially abuse Evra, why the fvck will he publically admit that he racially abused Evra? :lol:

In fact he actually said he used a word which the Manc team mates called Evra, as he said in the interview. And then English media has concluded the "negrito"/"negr" context out of thin air.

So, stop making conclusions from shite twitter posts, and hold your horses, thank you very much.

As for Evra, why the fvck he didn't complain to the referee during the match, not even once when he was allegedly racially abused 10 times? All of the suddent the racism allegations came out after the match ended. Wow. Amazing.
It could be that, he probably misunderstood the negro/negreto usage which is racist in English context, but not racist in Uruguayan Spanish context. And hasn't he played (or played part) the racism allegations against a chelsea ground staff which were eventually dismissed? Maybe he's boy who cried wolf...

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Manchester City announce biggest ever loss in English football | Football | guardian.co.uk

Pathetic stuff.The wage bill alone is more than the entire turnover.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Manchester City announce biggest ever loss in English football | Football | guardian.co.uk

Pathetic stuff.The wage bill alone is more than the entire turnover.

it doesn't matter to the owner anyways...he is just too rich...besides..now that they have qualified for champions league,they should start getting better revenues..lets c...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
They'll find a loophole in the Financial "Fair" Play rules a.k.a. the wank of a rule to make rich clubs richer and poor clubs poorer anyway.
What we need is a wage limit and a transfer limit, and encouraging clubs to produce players. Not this joke rule.

Don't give a fvck how much they earn to be honest, don't fancy the league table to be simple descending order sort of the club turnover either. Not too different from the current turnover + owner acceleration model. Less obscene yeah but not particularly great either (irrespective of the fact that it benefits my own club immensely).

Former Liverpool star John Barnes says society is to blame for racism problem that football just can't shift - Telegraph
John Barnes, the former England international who endured racist abuse during his distinguished career, admits he is "not surprised'' by the latest ugly incidents because football reflects a society taking time to shed ingrained prejudices.

''I'm not condoning what Sepp Blatter has said or John Terry, if he's proven to be guilty,'' Barnes said. "I think Blatter should resign over many things, and this is just one. But those thoughts are based on stereotypical views drummed into us over a long period of time.
"People have been told for 400 years since slavery that black people aren't as intelligent as white.

"White players always said to me: 'You can call me 'a white so and so', I don't mind'. But that's because society has indoctrinated us over the past 400 years to think that that's like saying 'you handsome so and so'. That's why white players aren't offended. They're empowered. Black people aren't empowered; 99 per cent of black individuals would be offended being called 'a black so and so' because we've had 400 years of being dehumanised.

"We don't know whether the allegations about John Terry and Luis Suárez are true. What we do know is that it's happened before. The words they are alleged to have said have been said in the past year but it hasn't been reported. Now and then there's an incident and people are surprised. I'm not. I know it's there.

"Any black player knows this. We've played against players, got into an altercation, looked him in the eye, he's not said anything, but you know he's thinking "you black ----'. He wants to say it but doesn't because he knows he'll get into trouble. That happens very often. When I played they actually said it. They called me n----- to my face. It happened in training, in matches. Any black player of my generation had it. In 1984 with England in Brazil, I had it with the National Front."

"I had bananas thrown at me and monkey chants at West Ham and Millwall five years before that Everton game but because it was a high-profile match everyone took notice. It had been going on for ages. There wasn't a game in the Eighties when you didn't get racial abuse as a black player. I got racist abuse at Liverpool when I played for Watford. Then I played for Liverpool and didn't get it. If I had played for Everton against Liverpool then maybe the Liverpool fans would have racially abused me.

"A lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon now about Blatter, saying he's wrong – and he is. But if you want to have a South African-style Truth and Reconciliation Commission, get in every manager and player who is over 40 and ask them: 'Say you have never used the N-word?' Most won't be able to. Much more than 75 per cent of people back then in the Eighties would have.

"But people could not get under my skin. I'm a middle-class Jamaican boy and where I was brought up in Jamaica [in a wealthy military household] I was not meant to feel second-class. If I was brought up in England, I'd possibly see things differently. Ian Wright dealt with racism differently to how I did.

"Racism's still a big problem in football. Racism can be invisible. How many black managers in England are there? Two. Black managers are given very short periods of time because people don't believe they are up to the job. That's racism. It's not just a white thing. Look at the hierarchy of black African football who believe European coaches are better than black African. They treat black coaches with disdain. There's this black dynamic of not feeling good enough.

"We are all racist to a certain extent. We all make presumptions about other people based on their colour, culture or ethnicity in variable degrees. We judge people even on their accents. When Eric Cantona said what he said about trawlers and seagulls, he's a philosopher because of the French accent. It sounds intelligent. If Paul Merson said it in his Cockney accent, we'd say he was talking rubbish.

"Race, for me, should be social and cultural, rather than the colour of your skin. Anton Ferdinand would have more in common with John Terry than he does with some West African from Nigeria. John Terry will have more in common with Anton Ferdinand than a Slav from Eastern Europe who happens to be white. Racism is such a complex subject."

So what's the way ahead? "Football can do nothing about getting rid of racism. Society has to [do it], through education and people understanding why they feel the way they do. Prejudice is a problem all over the world. I'm surprised when I see black people in the higher echelons of society. I know the most powerful man in the world is black [Barack Obama] but 400 years of indoctrination into thinking about a group of people as inferior is not going to change overnight. There was the human rights movement in the 1960s and yet 20 years ago we were still being racially abused – and it was accepted."

Now 48, Barnes does see hope for the future. "My children don't get racially abused. There's a new British culture; those from 10 to 25 now identify with each other, whether black, white, Indian, Chinese.

"Black kids once upon a time would hold on to their West Indian or African identity because of their parents. Black kids now are British. Indian girls are wearing miniskirts and going out dancing. White kids are listening to black music. We are going through a transitional period.'' Leaving the unreconstructed likes of Blatter behind.
Very sensible stuff from Digger. The "Indian girls are wearing miniskirts" cracked me up though. :D

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i still honestly don't see how citeh will break even by 2014-15...with regard to financial fair play rules...they need massive cuts in wages...its unbearable for any of the big clubs....

Krow

Crowman
That's a better choice than Djourou. Strong lineup there. I'm on Arseblog Liveblog as usual. Sigh, how I wish I could cheer at the Grove. Someday I shall undertake that pilgrimage.

Norwich get one.

Norwich 1-1 RVP

Top Bottom