The EEE PC is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Finally the EEE PC has been launched here in Croma.
It is retailing for 17,999/- only. The Price tag is a bit high. I tried my hand on the EEE after college and it is simply awesome.
The HCL Mileap X sucks in comparision with it.
I took a few grainy pics with my 1.3mp e50 cam. Check them out.
EEE 1
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/4425/29012008008.th.jpg

Mileap Y
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/7158/29012008003.th.jpg

EEE Price
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/9359/29012008011.th.jpg

EEE 2
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/8803/29012008001.th.jpg

My hand on the EEE
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/2448/29012008010.th.jpg

Mileap X
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/6613/29012008013.th.jpg

Mileap X
*img81.imageshack.us/img81/7521/29012008002.th.jpg

*going_to_talk_dad_into_buying_me_one*

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Why it sucks-
It just has a 2 GB SSD.
It's looks suck.
Doesnt hav a Webcam.
No idea about its support yet.
No community support.
Heavier than the EEE

Why it is slightly better-
Price: 15,999/-
Suited more for ruff_n_tuff use.
It's volume is better than the EEE
The proccy runs at 900mhz compared to the EEE's 630 mhz though this may be nullified by a future EEE Bios release.

Why it sucks-
It just has a 2 GB SSD.
It's looks suck.
Doesnt hav a Webcam.
No idea about its support yet.
No community support.
Heavier than the EEE
1. Just throw in an Rs. 850/- 4 GB Pendrive from Transcend or Kingston
2. Not for all. I think it looks great.
3. A good point. I forgot. But You can always spend a triffle for it.
4. Thats because its still to be fully announced or launched.
5. Not Yet. Wait till it releases. Besides, it runs ubuntu. AND its based on Classmate(similar to EEE).
6. Not a big issue. You can always remove the external er.. thing to make it light and small.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Nice pics :D hmm.. 18k is bit high, as it should have been at 14k... but anyway its ASUS who makes the product, not me :(...

but congrats Pathik :p even on thinking to buy that :lol: hope u will put up a good hands on review for us :D

casanova

The Frozen Nova
No wonder the proccy speed was not mentioned in the specs section at EEEPC website. 7" screen won't be that great either. What can be a better option.

EEE PC or a second hand laptop.

Waiting for a complete review :D

Nice pics :D hmm.. 18k is bit high, as it should have been at 14k... but anyway its ASUS who makes the product, not me :(...

but congrats Pathik :p even on thinking to buy that :lol: hope u will put up a good hands on review for us :D
Actually, now it appears normal for the price to be 18K. Remember, you were expecting it to be min 20k or even 23k yourself some time back ?
And I think that Compaq's 25K Laptop(its ! a notebook. they are smaller) is still better than this SubNoteBook from ASUS, thanks to its better VFM.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Its portability is just awesome. And there is a bios upgrade wich unlocks its fsb to 100mhz making it a 900mhz proccy.
Btw a friend of mine got it 4 17.1k today itself. I ll wait till it reaches sub 16k.
Btw yea choto if it wd hav been priced around 15k, it wd hav been a bestseller here.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Actually, now it appears normal for the price to be 18K. Remember, you were expecting it to be min 20k or even 23k yourself some time back ?

please digg up the post :p i said "15k is ok, 20k is too much but if its 18k then its indicision :lol:"

so i didnt said 20k would be ok :lol: infact i said if I would pay 20k then i can pay another extra 4k for the C702TU :p

please digg up the post :p i said "15k is ok, 20k is too much but if its 18k then its indicision :lol:"

so i didnt said 20k would be ok :lol: infact i said if I would pay 20k then i can pay another extra 4k for the C702TU :p
I said that you said that (and thats what you actually said) it might be over 20k in india concidering the taxes so a C702TU will be a better investment. :p

And now that the HCL MiLeap X is 14k, and the ACi Ultra Mini 15k(with 40gig HDD instead of flash memory), the only place the EEE gets prominance is its dominence in other countries where it has been existant for long and hence the community support, as well as the fact that it looks better.

So in simple words, I think there will be many people who will not just blindly buy the EEE and instead go for the MiLeap-X, or the ACi Ultra Mini, as they all are in different legues close to the one the EEE is in.

And isn't ACi planning a 20K laptop ?(its also an UMPC but with much better config than all previously mentioned laptops. But it too has 7" screen.) Isn't Acer already providing a 20k laptop ?(a "mainstream" book) So these will mean that the EEE has come amid Stiff competition.

I can steal your line and say everyone to pay 2k more for a "mainstream" laptop now:p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@MetalheadGautham

My sister in law is in need or a portable system for her needs, the 7" wont be a bad option but the price is as u pointed out too confusing and indecisive :(

if she has to pay a 19K or 20k for the 7" screen its better pay another 5 k for a full mainstream notebook :)

where as C702TU with 1 GB is at Rs. 1066/- pm for 2 years :lol: as per our local vendor 11% interest scheme :lol:

the 7" should have been priced around that 15k mark to make buyers think again for the mainstream..

Pat

Beyond Smart
Thats pretty decent pricing I must say..I still believe in what I had said, HCL's Mileap (or Classmate) aint gonna be that popular as EEE..And ACI's thing is still under production!

@MetalheadGautham

My sister in law is in need or a portable system for her needs, the 7" wont be a bad option but the price is as u pointed out too confusing and indecisive :(

if she has to pay a 19K or 20k for the 7" screen its better pay another 5 k for a full mainstream notebook :)

where as C702TU with 1 GB is at Rs. 1066/- pm for 2 years :lol: as per our local vendor 11% interest scheme :lol:

the 7" should have been priced around that 15k mark to make buyers think again for the mainstream..
But I guess that 15K ACi is one thing that will make a REAL impact, as it touches a proper price band(5k for the next computer. this is a large enough sum to make us stay with the ACi-UM.)

And remember, the 15k-25k range craze has only recently started gaining intresting momentum. I guess waiting for a year will soon clear things out.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
So, Its finally out.
But the price is a bit high IMO, Considering that the acer laptop sells for 20k.
Anyways, hopin for a review if u buy one Pathik.

Regards,
ray

Pat

Beyond Smart
I will be buying one, probably in a months time..Also waiting for reviews on Cloudbook!

@Pathik: You not buying it kya ?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Price is high, I was hoping it would retail around 15000 incl. VAT. I wonder how much of the 18000 is tax.
I am so tempted to ask someone from US/Gulf to get me one. I do not know when our government will understand the concept of
low taxes=more volumes=more income for them

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Its available in the US for $400 plus taxes which comes to around 16.5/17k! Not worth saving 1k especially when it could mean 'No warranty'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom