The Definitive Matrix of Macworld ‘08 Predictions and Rumors

Which of the following is most likely to happen at Macworld '08?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The Definitive Matrix of Macworld ‘08 Predictions and Rumors

by Aayush Arya
Jan 10, 2008

*applematters.com/images/uploads/Nostradamus.jpg

After Chris, I guess it is now my turn to stick out my neck and throw out a list of Macworld ‘08 predictions. Be aware that what you’re now going to read is a carefully researched article which takes into account various statistics from past keynotes and seeks to identify recurring patterns between them so as to accurately predict what lies ahead. It is methodical and scientific, makes no wayward assumptions and is, therefore, citable in all courts of law as proven fact. Warning: Spoilers abound!

So, without further ado, I present to you my simple 4x4 matrix of what I think lies ahead and the descriptions for each square. You might be reading this and mulling over things for quite a while so it might be a good idea to cancel all appointments scheduled for later today and grab yourself a cup of coffee (or whatever floats your boat, really). Presenting the article that will put an end to all the suspense associated with the Macworld Expo next week (last chance to back out is now):

*applematters.com/images/uploads/Aayush_Aryas_Macworld_08_predictions.jpg

Mark my words, you’re going to see these happen.

New MacBooks
: It’s a given. Steve Jobs is going to launch completely revamped new MacBooks at this Expo. The current MacBooks stick like sore thumbs in Apple’s line-up, with their scratch and crack prone fiber enclosures and combo drives from the ancient era. The new ones will be clad in anodized aluminum (the same metal that almost all the products in current line-up are made out of) and will have some black highlights. The screen size will remain the same, a SuperDrive will become standard across all models and it will feature a minor bump in some of the hardware components. It will, of course, look absolutely stunning and the starting price will remain the same. Steve Jobs will unveil a new advertisement or two. Read more...

[Via Apple Matters]

I know that you guys might not be all that interested but Macworld is the most important technology conference in the world so I thought I should make you guys aware of it. I know some of you will say CES is more important or something like that, but the fact is that Macworld is far more anticipated buy the whole technology industry than CES can ever be. Everyone is interested in what Apple is doing. One example is that almost every person you meet can tell you what happened in the last Macworld keynote (Jobs introduced the Apple TV and the iPhone) but can any one tell me what Bill Gates spoke about in the last CES keynote?

I hope I've made my point clear. So just read the huge article if you're interested, to gain some insight into the upcoming Macworld Expo 2008. Enjoy! :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Definitely going to happen
1. Apple TV : IMO the worst product of Apple.

2. iPhone updates: Not sure if we'll see a v.2 but SDK for sure, I think Jobs himself hinted that.

3. OS X 10.5.2: For sure!

Maybe

1. Flash Based Memory: Earlier we saw a MBP loading in 27 seconds with a 4 gb Samsung Flash memory.Flash memory is the way forward..

2. New ultraportable or tablet: I must have seen some 2-3 photoshopped designs and read various "insider" sources about this one.

Gonna be an exciting week!

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I would think that the MacWorl would be an ideal stage for Jobs to make up on the comment on iPhone applications and the AT&T network. We should most probably see the SDK release.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Pathik said:
Great article Arya.
Thank you! Did you actually read the whole thing? :)

drgrudge said:
2. New ultraportable or tablet: I must have seen some 2-3 photoshopped designs and read various "insider" sources about this one.
That's not exactly the best way to judge what might be coming down the heavens at Macworld Expo. Apple fans are a crazy bunch. :p

yash

I draw every day
funny you should mention headless macs... because I read somewhere that since the mac pro tower price was raised, its more seperate from the consumer line now. And apple might consider releasing a consumer tower mac for the people who want to use their own peripherals, but find the mac mini too weak in system requirements.

Honestly I would really like that to happen. Because I hate the low quality display they put in the imac and not being able to upgrade the optical drive to blu-ray or hd-DVD as and when they become available is a downer too!

contactpraven2001

In the matrix of linux
i m also waiting for macword 08 and i m also looking forward for it well some of the tings seems look correct let's see what Mr. job do at there .........

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
New MacBooks damn to happen
iPhone SDK seems pretty likely
One surprise is a must

but my ultimate wish is that they roll out iMac HD !!! Something that I always dream, HD graphics card, true HD display 1080p on an iMac and we call it iMac HD !!

yash

I draw every day
I just read the new macbook might be called macbook air. who else thinks its kinda silly?

yash

I draw every day
I think that's because Apple has put up banners displaying what my siggy says.

ahem.. YOU have put up a siggy saying what the apple banners say.

anyways, there's also a adium usage statistics report that shows a macbook air model in the list. read at macrumors.com

goobimama

 Macboy
New MacBooks damn to happen
iPhone SDK seems pretty likely
One surprise is a must

but my ultimate wish is that they roll out iMac HD !!! Something that I always dream, HD graphics card, true HD display 1080p on an iMac and we call it iMac HD !!
Dude, what's wrong witn you? The current iMac, the previous 'old white' imac, can all play HD. 1080p even. There's a 24" iMac with a full 1080p HD resolution. The only thing that's missing is a blu ray drive I guess.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hmm, Did you guyz read about the Macbook Air? I think if it comes, I might consider it. (Stupid or whatever) Provided it is light weight, as in below two pounds and of course comes at a decent price tag.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hmm, Did you guyz read about the Macbook Air? I think if it comes, I might consider it. (Stupid or whatever) Provided it is light weight, as in below two pounds and of course comes at a decent price tag.
Count me in too. What if it has induction based charging? (I doubt that though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom