The big Snapdeal screw up: Man orders smartphone, gets bar of soap instead

singleindian

Journeyman
The big Snapdeal screw up: Man orders smartphone, gets bar of soap instead - Firstpost

It's not uncommon to hear bad experiences with e-commerce stories: your products are not delivered, sometimes they are lost and sometimes they are delivered to you, but not in one piece.
But, Snapdeal took it to a whole new level this time.
Screen grab from the FB post.Screen grab from the FB post.
According to a Facebook post by Laxminarayan Krishnamurthy, a resident of Borivali in Mumbai, he opened a package containing what he thought was his new Samsung Duos smartphone, but turned out to contain instead, a bar of Vim soap and a brick.

The FB post was published on 24 October and was shared more than 16,000 times. On 27 October, Krishnamurthy commented on the post saying that it had been more than a week but Snapdeal had not resolved the issue. However, on 28 October, he commented saying, "Snapdeal has finally promised to return the money within 5-6 working days!!"
Firstpost got in touch with Snapdeal to find out what really happened. The company apologised for the goof up and said that the full amount would be refunded. The company added that they are investigating the issue.
This is what they told us on Facebook: "Sincere apologies for this issue; the trouble that the customer has gone through. We have already refunded the amount to the concerned person & the issue has been sorted out. Thanks."
In an email, this is what the Snapdeal spokesperson said:
“Snapdeal has a robust customer addressal system in place, where we ensure that users have the best shopping experience on our website. In the said case, we deeply regret the mix up that inconvenienced our customer. As soon as the case was reported our team got in touch with the customer and the issue was resolved by making a full refund to the customer. We are investigating the origin of this issue and will get to the root of the cause to rectify this, so that it does not repeat itself in the future. At Snapdeal.com, we strive to create the best shopping experience and will continue to work in this direction.”

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
*s3.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/soap.jpg

LOL. :D

This reminds me of "No Phone" :

*s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/1396354/photo-main.jpg?1412913754

Link: *www.kickstarter.com/projects/nophone-usa/the-new-and-unimproved-nophone

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
to prevent this always credit cards for buying they offer much protection than other payment methods and also unbox expensive deliveries in front of the delivery man and capture a video of it to make a proof

tkin

Back to school!!
How can companies be sure that the recipient himself had not done this? I vote for opening the package in front of the courier for both party's sake.

Hrishi

How can companies be sure that the recipient himself had not done this? I vote for opening the package in front of the courier for both party's sake.
Agreed. But its not feasible in every case,

Gollum

Collector
Mixup?
so do they mean to say someone ordered half a bar of washing soap and a quarter of a brick?
Its not even packed properly lol :p

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have heard of stories by relatives saying that clothes sent through courier disappeared, sweets arrived as empty box. This was the first time however I have heard of a valuable item ingeniously replaced by deadweight.

Here some update from the main page:
Vim Bar cleans up Snapdeal's mess | Digit.in

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Thanks for finding this thread. I was not able to find it after reading that digit article update.

Also created this thread to record it as "Negative Experience" with snapdeal: *www.digit.in/forum/snapdeal/188227...hone-vim-bar-cleans-up-snapdeals-mess-xd.html

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
well ..once same thing happened with me ,

in 2013 january I ordered some clothing from snapdeal ,instead I received a goggle ...so decided to skip snapdeal forever .Thankfully I got full refund ..

Top Bottom