The big question : S5 or Z2 or M8?

LegendKiller

In the zone
I always wanted to buy a flagship phone and this time around i have saved enough for it. The problem is that this time there is no 1 clear winner.

I would like to buy the z2 but with the reports of it over-heating and construction issues, i am having second thoughts....There are youtube reviews verifying this+ xda is full of build issues with z2.

With M8 i have problems with it's screen being a little washed out + after sales service, but in all other departments it is top-notch.

My only issue with S5 is that i have already used s2 and now s3 as my primary handset for 2-3 years (combined) and i do not want to buy another samsung device this time...

123hero

In the zone
With M8 i have problems with it's screen being a little washed out + after sales service said:
M8 has got great looks and feels fantastic to use. I did not feel the screen being washed out on my friends M8....
If u are satisfied with Samsung, you could buy that as well. s5 too is a great phone and the Super AMOLED+ display is fabulous as ever

If the choice was mine...i would defintely go for the HTC ONE......

SunE

Professional Newbie
Wait for the G3. Should be launching in July.

Also you mention that that you always wanted to buy a flagship phone sounding like this would be your first flagship phone purchase but then you say that you've owned S2 and S3!

Point that may change your decision:
S5 costs 35k, whereas other 2 can't be found near even 40k

Brand NEW Samsung Galaxy S5 G900 Blue 5 1" Full HD 16 MP CAM Quadcore Wifi 3G | eBay

S5 has great camera & screen, also smaller in size compared to other two(But bigger than S4 due to waterproofing). Design is an issue, which Samsung seriously needs to address

I too agree that all the current flagship phones fail to impress

Last edited:
OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
Thanks. actually if it hadn't been for construction issues with z2, i would have bought z2 a week back. Yes, with s5's price so far below m8 and z2..........it is a very tempting choice.
[MENTION=153733]123hero[/MENTION], actually i have checked m8 on 2 stores and w.r.t z2 and s5 the screen looks a bit washed out. Now, thing can be that the demo piece may not be good but then.........

HBK007

Journeyman
Thanks. actually if it hadn't been for construction issues with z2, i would have bought z2 a week back. Yes, with s5's price so far below m8 and z2..........it is a very tempting choice.
[MENTION=153733]123hero[/MENTION], actually i have checked m8 on 2 stores and w.r.t z2 and s5 the screen looks a bit washed out. Now, thing can be that the demo piece may not be good but then.........

>>S5 is no doubt a great phone with the a really impressive battery life among the flagships.It's battery life is IMO equal to the G3 or even a bit more.

>>The M8 is a really great phone and I have not heard of screen colour problems anywhere. The problem maybe with the demo unit itself. Sense 6 is also the best skin for many people after stock Android. Boomsound speakers rock and that metal body is killer.

>>But if you really want a phone that maybe the opening door for future devices buy the G3 although there is not much content for it and it's UI is not that good.

>>Touchwiz although disappointing is a tad bit better than the LG UI and it's camera is better than the M8 and on par with the G3 only without that killer laser autofocus.

>>If I were you and would care for the only occasional snaps and camera was not a big deal, I would definitely go for the M8. But the best value for money would be the S5. Also if you want to stay ahead of other flagships with that 2K display on a 5.5 inch screen, get the G3 and you won't be dissapointed.

$hadow

Geek in making
No for Xperia z2. My friend is having a nightmare with this phone the temperature is always around 40+ after 15 mins of gaming or heavy usage.
Wait for g3 or else if money does matter a lot s5 is no slouch in this respect.

One M8's camera is poor, remember that. Desire 816 has a better one (quality wise, it just lacks some features)

I would say Z2 might be better choice, but in the end it's OP's choice. Whatever you buy, don't regret afterwards

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
Ok. thanks.

Like i said my initial two options were either z2 or m8. M8 is universally regarded as best android phone right now if only for the screen(which i will check out on another shop).

With z2 the problem is build issue......Galaxy S5 is super duper phone but i will buy it only as last resort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom