The best CPU cooler under 6K for Prescott family of processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

layzee

■■■■■■
The prescott processors from Intel are some of the hottest processors on this planet. Even under normal load, these processors generate a lot of heat. So, if one thinks of overclocking these hot-heads one must invest in a very good aftermarket cooler. When I brought my first computer back in mid 2005, I bought one of these processors. Mine was a Pentium 4 530J running at 3.0 GHz. The performance of the stock fan in this case was below satisfactory. Today after three years I took it out and just thought of overclocking it after reading an article on the net where the author had overclocked the same processor to an astonishing 5 GHz. That caught my attention but I was unable to attain it even with my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with Scythe 120mm fan.

Can anyone please suggest a good (and I mean it) CPU cooler under 6K ??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
6K:shock:
on a prescot?
dont waste money, u can get a brand new dual core + mobo for the price

And for clocks like 5Ghz, ull need cooler that are able to take it to zub zero, like liquid nitrogen or dry ice[ask darklord] . But thats only experimental and cant be used for day2day life compuer uses.

U can get a brand new Athlon X2 4800+[3.3k] and a Biostar 7050[2.6] mobo for 6k, and sure to performs better on 2days apps than even an oced prescot.
If uve money to spend, nothin can quench ur thirst for overclocking like the penrynes, get an E8200 and take it to 4~4.5Ghz on air.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
buy a penryn for 6k dude......u can overclock dat to a decent level on stock cooling.

btw I own a P4 630.......but I think the stock cooler for these P4s are more than satisfactory....can u show me any stock cooler that can perform better than these Intel coolers??? it does 3000 + rpm even when not under load

acewin

Point Blanc
I do not think prescott proccys re that bad in cooling section, you can say that for Pentium D though.

And in all case, 6K for cooling, that sounds pretty interesting, for such old config.
what kind of cooling options are you exactly looking for, you have got huge budget dude.

amitash

Intel OCer
foe that budget look for some of those expensive water cooling setups like zalman or thermaltake bigwater or something similar..but it still wont take u to 5Ghz..as mentioned u need some dry ice cooling or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom