The Best Anti-Virus and Securiy Protection !

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustya

Journeyman
Dear Guys,

I have just bought a New Laptop and the first time in my life a computer so am completely newbie on what security systems have to be installed on my laptop, interms of the best Ant-Virus and Firewall (Do I need a Firewall in the first place,this is a personal Laptop meant for personal use). I am most scared about the Virus coming from the Internet. My usage would be Internet surfing, Mails, Games and Movies. Can someone please suggest the basic best protection,Anti-Virus, security that I must have on my laptop, which would keep almost all the Virus away which would be attacking my machine from the Internet.

Thanks.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I quote myself....

Please S E A R C H b4 u post................:mad:

Similar thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94072 (its even a sticky)

and another old one.........
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75702

shaunak

Tux Fan
Best free combo now: (IMO)
Avast + comodo + Windows Defender + spybot + CCleaner + a better browser(Opera or Firefox)

Links:
*www.avast.com/
*www.comodo.com/
*www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
*www.safer-networking.org
*www.ccleaner.com/
*www.opera.com/
*www.firefox.com

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Ok Guys,

What things will I require like Anti-Virus, Firewall, spyware, Internet security what ? Can you please tell what all will I require ?

Thanks.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Another Antivirus War Thread.. Search in the forum (Similar Threads below)*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/45.png

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I quote myself....
Please S E A R C H b4 u post................:mad:

Hey rhitwick, dont be so rude man. In fact augustya is using a PC for the first time in his life, so mistakes might happen. I think he is aware of the threat of searching in Google about Security softwares and then proceeding to download a pirated copy of them. He might be thinking that this forum is safer place to look for. :p

I personally recommend NOD32 for the purpose, coupled with Spybot Search and Destroy and Comodo Personal Firewall.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Thread Closed.
Conitnue here or in any of the other similar threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.