The Best Anti-Virus and Securiy Protection !

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustya

Journeyman
Dear Guys,

I have just bought a New Laptop and the first time in my life a computer so am completely newbie on what security systems have to be installed on my laptop, interms of the best Ant-Virus and Firewall (Do I need a Firewall in the first place,this is a personal Laptop meant for personal use). I am most scared about the Virus coming from the Internet. My usage would be Internet surfing, Mails, Games and Movies. Can someone please suggest the basic best protection,Anti-Virus, security that I must have on my laptop, which would keep almost all the Virus away which would be attacking my machine from the Internet.

Thanks.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I quote myself....

Please S E A R C H b4 u post................:mad:

Similar thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94072 (its even a sticky)

and another old one.........
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75702

shaunak

Tux Fan
Best free combo now: (IMO)
Avast + comodo + Windows Defender + spybot + CCleaner + a better browser(Opera or Firefox)

Links:
*www.avast.com/
*www.comodo.com/
*www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
*www.safer-networking.org
*www.ccleaner.com/
*www.opera.com/
*www.firefox.com

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Ok Guys,

What things will I require like Anti-Virus, Firewall, spyware, Internet security what ? Can you please tell what all will I require ?

Thanks.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Another Antivirus War Thread.. Search in the forum (Similar Threads below)*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/45.png

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I quote myself....
Please S E A R C H b4 u post................:mad:

Hey rhitwick, dont be so rude man. In fact augustya is using a PC for the first time in his life, so mistakes might happen. I think he is aware of the threat of searching in Google about Security softwares and then proceeding to download a pirated copy of them. He might be thinking that this forum is safer place to look for. :p

I personally recommend NOD32 for the purpose, coupled with Spybot Search and Destroy and Comodo Personal Firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom