texting with or without QWERTY in PDA ? can any one help me with it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
I confused as to go for a PDA with QWERTY keypad or NO.
can anyone tell me PROs and CONs of a QWERTY keyboard in HTC phones.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
If you want to send large emails from your PDA, then go for QWERTY keyboard , else no need is there to go for it.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
PDAs with QWERTY keypad are costlier,

U can try 'SPB Fullscreen Keyboard' software,which gives a fullscreen virtual keyboard with soft touch.

Acer PDAs are economical and cost effective.U can give a try!

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Is texting from non QWERTY keyboard phone hectic ? in case if the 3G comes soon thens using IMs will be handy too .. for that also u vl need to type a lot more than texting.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Is texting from non QWERTY keyboard phone hectic ? in case if the 3G comes soon thens using IMs will be handy too .. for that also u vl need to type a lot more than texting.

Ummm..For texting, virtual keyboards on Win Mo suck big time. The reasons are pretty obvious:

a. Pressure sensitive touchscreen (unlike one in iPhone)
b. Smaller screen (again comparitively)

The best one I have come across is the recently release HTC Diamond Touchpad. It is by far the most usable (T9) keypad on Win Mo. So you should check that out. If that doesnt suit you, you are better of with one having a physical QWERTY keyboard.

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
well i havent seen nay shop yet where they show a wroking model of these phones.. apart from that i dont have any frnds wid these phones. So i wuldnt really get a chance to try them out.

HOw much is touch pro for ? AFAIK its around 30K but a frnd of mine claims he can get it for 19k without bill and 25k with bill from somewhere in pune.. and he is pretty trust worthy too.. so i am actually confused !! If i can get a touch pro for 25K then i can go for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.