text files on vcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit

Broken In
I have a lot of text files on my pc but I find it very inconvenient to read them on my 15 inch monitor. So what I'm planning to do is burn them on a vcd and read them leisurely lying on my couch from my 21 inch T.V. screen? Is it possible to do so? What are the problems I'll come across while doing this?

V

vishal_bhatia87

Try searching a software at download.com or softpedia.com

Take a screenshot of text file
Add it to moviemaker thumbnails
make a movie
burn it to vcd

You can take a screenshot when a text file is opened. Press alt + print scr key. Go to paint and paste it their by pressing ctrl + v. file > save as > imgname.bmp

well I dont know if it work or if it is readable or not. This is only my imagination. Try it.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Another idea would be to either find the audio book version of the book or do a text-to-voice on the text and store that as mp3 and to burn it.

Still more whackier idea would require you to record as avi the officeXp's text-to-voice process (it highlights the word that is being read out) and play it on your player.

If all of the above techniques fail, you can simply connect your cpu to the tv and read it. But computer resolution will look crappier on tv.

I actually was going to recommend CD-Text, but that standard, it seems, is only for author and title information.

OP
G

gambit

Broken In
hey vishal,
I did think of u're suggestion of burning the text files as image files and burning them on vcds. Now I have heard that there r some vcd players that allow u to view jpg image files on them as well. Now of I were to burn them as jpg files what r the precautions I wld have to take so as to get a good resolution and also will I be able to scroll thru those img files just like an e-book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom