Test websites in multiple browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
Courtesy : www.pcmech.com

Test Websites in Multiple Browsers

For those of you who create websites, you know that different browsers render things a bit differently. For smaller sites, it might be OK to design for the common denominator (which is usually IE). However, large, highly trafficked sites need to work on almost all browsers. I do web development for a living (outside PCMech, of course), and I recently had a client who used exclusively Macs. The system I came up with worked beautifully in all PC browsers I had installed, however it was totally messed up in IE for the Mac as well as Safari. It would take forever for me to make a change and have her send me a new screenshot. I don't have a Mac nor access to one readily. In doing some net searching, I found a very cool site and that was BrowserCam - www.browsercam.com. With their site, you can have screenshots taken of any URL using any browser they have. They have all PC browsers you're likely to encounter as well as all Mac browsers. You can also use their remote access feature which gives you real-time VPN control over one of their computers, allowing you to actually use one of their systems to do testing. I was actually able to use a Mac on my PC, real-time across the net.

This is an incredible tool for webmasters and designers. www.browsercam.com

hope u guys find it useful !!!!

CHEERS

goobimama

 Macboy
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you and many more of them. this is great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom