Temperature problem.. help needed

giprabu

In the zone
Guys... my friend is using DP55WB mobo with core i-5 750 processor.. He recently upgraded his 9400GT card to Amd's 5670 HD 1GB and so the psu was also changed from a local 450w to cooler master extreme series 600w.

now the problem is, even soon after the system startup the temp shown is 48-49 degrees.. while gaming it casually rises above 58 to 60 degrees.

He s using elite 310 atx cabinet so no problem of airflow.. I don think that temp is normal..why is it so ?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The temperature is perfectly normal. Temperatures tend to go up to 70 degrees while gaming. However, you could put some extra fans if you are too worried about it. Put an inflow fan & an outflow fan if there is place for them.
The PSU you bought was a wrong choice. I don't know why people tend to buy the xtreme power when there are tens of other models available at similar prices, must have been the shop-keeper's suggestion. Xtreme series PSUs are as bad as local ones, though you pay much more. You should have asked in the forum before buying the PSU.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
@Cool buddy..

Are u sure the tempurature is normal.? but my system does not cross 37 degrees while idle and 52 degrees while gaming.. (you can see my signature for config.)

Is that a property of amd proccys ?

and regarding psu, we were looking only for corsair vx 550 but the cost was too much for our budget.. we were left with only cooler master option.. even fsp and zebronics pro series were also not available..:cry:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yes perfectly alright.Nothing to worry mate.If budget is your problem then why you have not consider Corsair Vx 450@3.7k?:idea:

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Yes perfectly alright.Nothing to worry mate.If budget is your problem then why you have not consider Corsair Vx 450@3.7k?:idea:

even if it is completely alright.. why there is a huge diff in temperature btwn his and my system ??:?
he was not convinced with a 450w psu..

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

There can be temperature difference between diff.Graphics card.For example my xfx gt8600-60 degree at idle and 75 degree on load and ur frd's ati 5670 way to good for playing game as the temperature is quite low as compare to other gf cards in this category.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone

There can be temperature difference between diff.Graphics card.For example my xfx gt8600-60 degree at idle and 75 degree on load and ur frd's ati 5670 way to good for playing game as the temperature is quite low as compare to other gf cards in this category.

Oops .. its my mistake of not stating wat temperature i'm talking about.. my concern is about proccy temp dude not graphics card.. even my gfx card shows 52-55 degrees when idle..

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Oops .. its my mistake of not stating wat temperature i'm talking about.. my concern is about proccy temp dude not graphics card.. even my gfx card shows 52-55 degrees when idle..

for CPU those temps are high! case you have taken doesn't have much airflow!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Despite all the talks about over heating AMDs and cool running Intels, I have noticed that all Intel PCs that I have seen run hotter than the AMD PCs I have seen. I know there can be some argument about this, but I am speaking the truth, that's my personal experience.
In your case, Maybe there's some problem with the CPU HSF. Check the RPM. Also, use some additional fans, keep some space between the cabinet and a wall. Clean the inside of cabinet once a month if there is too much dust settling on it.

he was not convinced with a 450w psu..

Not convinced with VX450W for i5+5670:shock:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry, i don't mean to be mean or insulting, but when somebody applies too much brain without much knowledge, they do deserve to be laughed at. I mean, people use VX450 for HD5850 + core i7. Atleast he could have read some review before spending so much money.

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
giprabu's friend not convinced with vx450 he wanted some more power capable psu's like cm extreme power 600( BTW i am NT convinced) or vx550.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
@asigh, exactly, that's what I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with VX450, but op's friend wasn't sure if it will be able to handle i5+5670, he wanted something more powerful. So he bought a 600W PSU that too CM xtreme power. Great decision.

The Op's friend should know that VX450 could power two 5670s in cross-fire if it were connected, without any problem, but his so called 600W PSU would not be able to power his rig without problems for long.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
yep guys.. agree with all your comments about tat psu..:sad:

can u help us with that heating issue ..:blink:

BTW will corsair vx 450 be able to handle 5770 ??

Last edited:
Top Bottom