Television under 30K

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Hello all,

Planning to buy a new tv and need suggestions as there are plenty of options available in the market today.
My requirements are listed below.,
1. Budget - 30,000/-
2. Display type and size - Minimum 32"
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? - SD channels from dth & youtube if smart tv(if smart tv)
4. Types and number of ports required - 2 HDMI ports if possible
5. Preferred choice of brand - None in particular
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration - No
7. Any other info that you want to share - Prefer a Full HD & Smart Tv if suits my budget.

Will be buying before the end of may'18.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Welcome back after long time :)

I suggest within this budget get the VU TV as they have excellent A+ grade panels which give sharp clarity and contrast.
much better than other brands in this budget.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Welcome back after long time :)

I suggest within this budget get the VU TV as they have excellent A+ grade panels which give sharp clarity and contrast.
much better than other brands in this budget.

Thanks & hello @Zangetsu! Yes it's been a very long time.

Is VU that better? I've been reading some threads and there seems to be a lot of vote for VU.

Also what do I lose if I go for a non-smart TV and add something like a chromecast or something similar?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks & hello @Zangetsu
Also what do I lose if I go for a non-smart TV and add something like a chromecast or something similar?
You could still do that with any "smart" tv having multiple HDMI ports. Mi TV 4A isn't bad hardware wise but I don't know why the heck Xiaomi always messes up the software implementation.

Zangetsu

Thanks & hello @Zangetsu! Yes it's been a very long time.

Is VU that better? I've been reading some threads and there seems to be a lot of vote for VU.

Definitely VU is better.
checkout this version of VU LTDN55XT780XWAU3D (its out of your budget but you will get an Idea about the quality of VU TV)

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
So its gonna be between Vu & Mi.
My priorities;
1. Should fair decent for SD channels.
2. Has to be FHD.
3. I guess 32" would suffice since its going inside a small room.

Vu has a 32" FHD non-smart for 16k.
Mi has 43" FHD smart for 23k.

Which is better Mi smart or Vu+chromecast?

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Mi too has an HD version of Mi TV 4A @ 32 inch. Price is ₹ 13,999

It's a smart TV. My guess is, SD channels would fare well in an HD TV. Take other opinions before you confirm.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I would also prefer a HD TV for SD channels. Especially if TV doesn't have an inbuilt upscaler. From what I read Patchwall is work in progress. You can get a Chromecast or Amazon Firestick for Smart functionality.

Zangetsu

If the model of VU has A+ grade panel in specifications then buy it. and there are many ways to make a non-smart TV to a smart TV

checkout their Play series FHD
*www.vutvs.com/play-series

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get Panasonic TH-43460D around 36k
TH-43E460D LED TV - Panasonic India

I would not trust Vu and Mi also PQ will not be better than tier 1 brands

Last edited:
OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Get Panasonic TH-43460D around 36k
TH-43E460D LED TV - Panasonic India

I would not trust Vu and Mi also PQ will not be better than tier 1 brands
Will check it at a local store.
Anything unique in this model?

I've read that FHD will yield poor PQ whilst playing an SD channel compared to HD ready. Is this true?

Zangetsu

Will check it at a local store.
Anything unique in this model?

I've read that FHD will yield poor PQ whilst playing an SD channel compared to HD ready. Is this true?
Stay away from Panasonic not worth the money u pay for.
just go to any local shop and watch the demo of Vu Tv with others and compare by yourself.

rider

as Kratos
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am looking a quality high contrast full HD HDR TV 40-43 inch, motion flow should be more than 60Hz as it's 2018 not 2008.
Budget is around 50k INR

Top Bottom