Television under 30K

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
It's June. Did you buy your TV already? Or postponed?
I also need to buy a TV on budget. Discussion done on this thread could be useful for me.

Not yet.
Checked out VU 40" FHD in a shop nearby. It's really value for money.

Now thinking of going for a 4k tv but couldn't settle my thoughts on the resolution.:aaargh:

This Indian brand TV is new in the market has got good reviews
Has anyone had a chance to check them out physically?

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If you buy from a local store, normally they will take care of service. Either by themselves, or a phone no you can use

chetansha

In the zone
I hope you have considered the service of VU and whether there are service centers around your place.
Why undue worry about VU tv service ? I have 2 at home 2 years + and no issues. And if & when problem arises it will be oow and you can have it repaired at any place of your choice.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Why undue worry about VU tv service ? I have 2 at home 2 years + and no issues. And if & when problem arises it will be oow and you can have it repaired at any place of your choice.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Your reply made little sense to me but however your boat sails.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Worry about service center is genuine. If everything works well, it's fine. Even Google's own Chromecast went bad for me. Had a hard time get it replaced. Even hard to locate a service center and deal with them

When it comes to electronics, there are chances of failure, no matter which brand.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
ASS is always first priority while spending your hard owned cash.

I hope you have considered the service of VU and whether there are service centers around your place.
He can call on the VU helpline no. about the service center in TamilNadu

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I didn't do that in the first place, but now that you mentioned I searched for it and yes there is a service centre in my town.
Thanks for the heads up.

Also got hold of a chromecast 2 a week back.
Flipkart had an offer so went ahead and got it even before ordering the TV.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Update: Received the TV in good condition, thought it didn't have any special packaging.
Hooked up the TV myself as snapdeal asked me to contact the VU guys myself.

Pic:
The picture quality is much better than I expected(I think the best in the price range).

SQ:
The sound quality ain't worse but could've been better, not a concern for me as I'll add speakers later.

USB:
Reading speed is faster than most of the basic branded TVs and also plays almost every format except the true bluray mkv.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Amazon has a Sanyo 43 inch TV that seems to come to as low as 18500 during sales. Sanyo is panasonic right? Seems like a good deal

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Make sure that your TV will get updates. You won't want a very old OS after an year or two. Also make sure that the current OS is atleast Nougat.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^As per many reviews here & elsewhere it seems VU has the best picture quality among "cheap/budget" lcd tv. As for dumb vs smart,a dumb tv+fire stick is better than a smart tv in similar price range any day.

Top Bottom