Television under 30K

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Minion check this reply of mine & continue there:
HDR TV For Gaming and Movies

@MegaMind quality of any SD content upscaled to HD panel depends on quality of upscaling engine as said by @Minion .Rule of thumb though is that more the upscaling more will be the processing power required so same chip upscaling to 720p will perform better than upscaling to 1080p.However a different chip may perform even better hence the importance of brand/model.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Will be checking the above mentioned models at showroom this weekend along with VU(one store stocks VU as well).

Now coming to streaming device, which one to opt for?
Chromecast 2 seems good to me.
Is there anything better?
The main usage is youtube streaming from ios.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Will be checking the above mentioned models at showroom this weekend along with VU(one store stocks VU as well).

Now coming to streaming device, which one to opt for?
Chromecast 2 seems good to me.
Is there anything better?
The main usage is youtube streaming from ios.
there is one Mi Box available, saw good reviews on it :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Just for some extra info:
Amazon Fire TV stick Vs Google Chromecast 2: Which is the right streaming stick for you?
I am looking to convert my parent's old "dumb" tv to a "smart" one. Almost bought the Fire TV Stick. Now thinking about doing some DIY project using Pi 3 B+ and dev build of android tv from xda.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well a major plus point of firestick is amazon prime(if you buy it). For you DIY option certainly seems better but not so sure for your parents.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
"same picture quality as sony" sounds like a tall claim,wouldn't trust without actually comparing both in showroom at similar settings/content.

Top Bottom