Padawan
Re: few quiries

yogi7272 said:
hey keith ,

have you checked the wmv format on 642k

also what are the other codes it plays besides mentioned in the manual,
i mean unofficially ,

:lol:

No. I think I'll encode a wmv myself and check sometime soon. I have no wmv's except a few homemade p0rn clips :lol: and that's not something I'd want to play in my living room on the 642 :wink:

Will post wmv results soon. Check back on this thread.

Keith

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
what about other unofficially supported codecs if any?

also,

1. it playes multiple divx files on cd and dvd
2. it playes mp3 on dvd
3. it playes multiple .dat files from vcd on dvd
4. it also playes combination of all three on dvd
5. it plays the mpeg files of all three types - vcd , svcd , dvd profile.
6. it doesn't play the .avi -- i have captured a few tv programmes in this format with pinnacle studio 9 .
7. also playes jpeg files on dvd .

have you tried any different stuff?

OP
K

Keith Sebastian

Padawan
yogi7272 said:
6. it doesn't play the .avi -- i have captured a few tv programmes in this format with pinnacle studio 9 .

avi is a container, not a codec. use gSpot to spot the codec you've use for this file.

PS: I'm starting a new thread on codec compatibilty for dvp642. Any contributions are most welcome.

Keith

wisdom

Right off the assembly line
divx test cd download link plz...

Hi keith
how to download the divx test cd, u hv gvn this ftp link but it is not working now.

ftp://ftp.mtu.ru/pub/horgi/outdoor

Keith Sebastian said:
I could pick a 10 year old off the street, give him/her a piece of tech hardware and ask him/her to review it. I bet the end results will be better than Techtree's amateurish reviews. I've been following Techtree's reviews for quite some time now and always had the same low opinion. The only reason I read them was to find out what was available in our slow Indian markets and at what price.

I was looking to buy a Divx player. After reading Techtrees review on Philips DVP642 DVD + MPEG4 player I almost didn't buy it.

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=3676&upto=1

But I had no choice. Either this or some c**p yum-cha Mitashi. Got the Philips yesterday after local dealer gave assurance of "return if not satisfied".

I also downloaded that German DivX test CD from here - ftp://ftp.mtu.ru/pub/horgi/outdoor

This beauty played almost everything. Everything except -

DivX5 1000 Mbps QPEL
XviD 1000 Mbps GMC
XviD 1000 Mbps QPEL
XviD 6000 Mbps GMC BF 3

In fact it has played everything I threw at it from my 700+ xvid/divx collection. I don't know what to make of Techree. "India's Technology Daily" ??? why drag an entire nation down to your sorry level.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom