TechCom Speakers.......ur opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nphanindra

Broken In
I am planning to buy a speaker system.....budget is 2.5k
My vendor showed me this Techcom model

*www.techcomindia.com/itemdetail.asp?Cat=&CatID=&prodid=465&ProdName=SSD-2001
Although all my eyes r on Altec ATP3 just want to know abt this system as its coming for 2.6k......plz gimme ur opinion abt this!!!!!!!
thx in advance

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
2.5k.. just go in for the ATP3..

Tech-com, Mercury, Intex and all the misc. stuff are just crap. Even their so-called 5.1 systems in reality are 2.1 systems..

Ringwraith

Journeyman
i try and stay away from local brands like frontech,intex,iball,mercury,tech-com,adcom and their league :p
advise the same to u!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
i think there's nothing else to say as other users must have already cleared your doubts...

if ur a bass freak then look out for logitech 2.1

if you love balanced sound then consider altec lansing, for 2.5K as other have said...ATP3 is best!

ENjoy...

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
dun waste ur money on brands like techcom etc etc they all Sux.betta go for altec lansing(recommended) or creative.if u can push ur budget 500 more then u can get creative 4.1.

OP
N

nphanindra

Broken In
thx for all the replies.........lol
dude Aniruddh inspire 4.1 is no doubt gud but requires a sound card i guess depending upon the mb...mine is Gigabyte (GA-7VKMLE) one with AC7 codec. plzz tell me whether this requires a sound card

OP
N

nphanindra

Broken In
MB info here

*www.k2-racunari.co.yu/Download/7vkml.htm

or

*www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7VKML.htm#

Kniwor

Learner
just to add,

the other day i got 3 450W PSU's of tech com for some machines, and none of them can power the machines, not even one worked of the three,

This very much tells u something.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hah hah! I used to always wonder which fool would ever go out and buy Intex and techcom and stuff like that. Turns out you were almost one of those fools..

G

gxsaurav

I was in the market yesterday, & found that Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers are available for Rs 3500, really good sound, I even played Doom 3 music & Half life 2 music I had in my phone on those speakers after copying to the PC being used with onbaord Intel HD audio on 915GAG, really good sound for a 2.1 channel system, better then ATP3

but speakers are subjective, so better listen to them before buying

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
ATP3 all the way.

Goobi, i m a bigger fool than np, i accidently told my frnd that AVS 251 are 2.1 speakers and he told his father to order them on the net, and wen he got them he ws shocked to see 5 speaker system, now he is thretening to kill me since he does not have enough space for a 6 piece system. LOL

moshel

Padawan
intex, techcom and frontech is all bogus stuff....go for altec lansing. atp3 they are really nice.

dont even thing of those other 3 companies.

@kumarmohit: i agree with u its like comparing concorde with autorickshaw :)

Kniwor

Learner
goobimama said:
Hah hah! I used to always wonder which fool would ever go out and buy Intex and techcom and stuff like that. Turns out you were almost one of those fools..

heh... take care there, and learn to speak well.
Someone asked me to build a PC in a given budget, with those constraints i could not have got him an antec PSU, i dont know if u got a billion dollars, but one has to work in constraints at times.

rohanbee

Padawan
well at the end of the day go in for a good brand of speakers. The other ones might sound good in the begining but they start losing their stuff just after a few weeks of usage. There a lot of brands such a techcom and others and they are all the same from inside (yes i did pull apart a few to see their functioning ) and nothing much to them. Couoldn't afford to rip apart a altec lansing or phillips or creative they cause they even sound good after a lot of punishment and years of usage.

Kniwor

Learner
Ringwraith said:
@kniwor he's got 2.5k ...thats not a billion, but enuf for him to stay away from techcom speaker ;)
yeah, but i was talking about "goobimama", he should think before calling someone a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom