Tech News from around the world.

Do you want this thread to be sticky?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Tech News is found everywhere but all it leads to confusion and repetition. Now I am starting this thread where all of you can post news about tech world and please no repetitions allowed.

You can post about news, new softwares and new hardwares launched. If you know the source please post it also. Here I am starting this thread with some news collected by me.

The scope of the news given by me may look limited but you can post news having variety but should be from tech world..

Please moderators help me by making this thread a sticky one.

1. Microsoft confirmed that its AntiSpyware program will remain free forever but only to the licensed Windows users.

2. By Mid April 2005 All Yahoo! free e-mail accounts will be upgraded to 1GB which was available to only Chinese Yahoo! users until now.

3. Largest Mail Account ever released is of 1000GB(yes 1000GB! No spelling mistake) with 500MB mail attachment by www.hriders.com but here you have to first create the account and the again have to create e-mail account. Also no POP access available.

4. Microsoft has planned huge new releases - a beta version of Internet Explorer beta 7 for XP, A new Office version by 2006 and new Windows whose project named Longhorn is in progress which will be released in mid 2006. IE 7 beta will only available for Windows XP with SP2 users.

5. By May 2005 only licensed users of Windows XP will be able to access the downloads, updates and support pages of Microsoft.

6. Firefox 1.0.2 launched with more security built around it.

7. Microsoft plans to launch its commercial Anti-Virus software by 2005 end.

8. Gmail may become public on 1 April 2005 for completing its 1 year.

9. Mozilla will stop Mozilla Suite and will concentrate on Firefox and Thunderbird.

10.Jasc Software Inc is bought by Corel Inc and now Paint Shop Pro is a Corel Product.

Help me keep this thread alive and sticky.

{MaX}

Right off the assembly line
"Google's rank as the World's no. 1 search engine has dropped."

Can you throw some more light on this?

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
well i read this news somewhere that now msn looks much better as a search engine than google and google now cannot be said as no.1 search engine. Also it is said that in terms of quantity google is ahead but in terms of quality msn is ahead of google.

Don't remember the source now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom