Team Fortress 2

doomgiver

Warframe
ahahahah it was me :D

1. I am new
2. I love sniper
3. Maps are not yet totally fit in my head like CS :)

protips :
if you are a new player, stick with medic.
you dont have much to do, and its comparativly easy to play as medic, and ppl wont rage at you if you do something stupid.

while u are a medic, OBSERVE!!!!
look how the others play. look at the enemy, this is the no. 1 reason why medics are so important.

they dont do combat, so they are free to look at the enemy and come up with tactics.

and medics are awesome coz they are the only source of steady healing in the game.
a team without medics has already lost, even if they have better players.

and please, 1-2 snipers is ENOUGH!!!!
choose other classes. be a pyro, W+M1 is so darn easy, why do you wanna be sniper?

and tf2 sniper mechanics are different from your stock COD/MW/BF snipers.
camping is of no use, you will ALWAYS BE KILLED IF YOU CAMP.
coz the enemy knows where you are, and if ou camp, you dont have support of your teammates. better be on the frontlines.

if you **REALLY** wanna be a sniper, dont engage in sniper duels (except 2_fort, its custom made for duelling snipers) in normal maps, here is what you should do :

1. kill medics
2. kill heavies
3. kill engis
4. kill others

even if you take out a medic, but die, thats a HUGE advantage for your team, as you might have killed a medic with 99% uber, who might have been ready to pop it.

and heavies, coz you are the ONLY hard counter against heavies, other classes cant kill heavies as efficiently as sniper.

engis, coz they usually turtle, and with sentries, its sometimes hard to get them as other classes, so a sniper headshot + some explosive splash damage = one less sentry in the world.

other classes are low priority.

use the default sniper as much as possible, its the best one.
if you cant do headshots coz of lag or stuff, use the sydney sleeper, its my 2nd fav gun. its fast to charge, and coats the enemy with jarate on hit, so, if you manage to clip a soldier, he will be torn apart by your team, as he will take mini crits (this wep is for the helpful snipers, who like to assist, )

as for secondary, use the stock smg or the jarate.
razorback is too useless (pro spies will just pistol you, and if against noob spies, you should be doing better) while darwin danger shield is just laughable. + 25 hp??? no problem, eat this headshot.

noob

Cyborg Agent
use the default sniper as much as possible, its the best one.

I am a long time CS player and AWP is my favourite so I will stick with Sniper because i love this gun. Mastering both is very hard and usage pattern is also different.

Thanks for your input. BTW, how many types of sniper rifles are available & how do get them to try ?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Noob is great at sniper. Or maybe he just killed me so many times "by chance" :)) :))

protips :
if you are a new player, stick with medic.
you dont have much to do, and its comparativly easy to play as medic, and ppl wont rage at you if you do something stupid.

while u are a medic, OBSERVE!!!!
look how the others play. look at the enemy, this is the no. 1 reason why medics are so important.
Dont observe heavies. They are stupid.

they dont do combat, so they are free to look at the enemy and come up with tactics.

and medics are awesome coz they are the only source of steady healing in the game.
a team without medics has already lost, even if they have better players.
Unless its 2fort :p

and please, 1-2 snipers is ENOUGH!!!!
choose other classes. be a pyro, W+M1 is so darn easy, why do you wanna be sniper?
W+M1??

engis, coz they usually turtle, and with sentries, its sometimes hard to get them as other classes, so a sniper headshot + some explosive splash damage = one less sentry in the world.

:lol:
razorback is too useless (pro spies will just pistol you, and if against noob spies, you should be doing better) while darwin danger shield is just laughable. + 25 hp??? no problem, eat this headshot.

Useful in medieval.

BTW noob you must watch your back. Spies love killing snipers :p

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I am a long time CS player and AWP is my favourite so I will stick with Sniper because i love this gun. Mastering both is very hard and usage pattern is also different.

Thanks for your input. BTW, how many types of sniper rifles are available & how do get them to try ?
They can drop randomly for you. Or you may get some by completing achievements.

lets play today!!!!!!
post the timings
4PM-8PM anytime :p

noob

Cyborg Agent
BTW noob you must watch your back. Spies love killing snipers :p

I was about to ask same thing....Is there any way I can kill those spies ? Looks like they are invisible / change their looks as same team we are in.

Currently the only problem i have is with maps. They are not yet fit in my head like CS. Hence finding good spots for camping is difficult. Playing for few days might solve this issue :)

Also, can Spies THROW the knifes ?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
most of them
though pro players know well how to effectively use them
of course it requires team work :)
I have never met any heavy who would protect me from enemies or spies. No matter how many times you shout. And they will expect you to overheal them instead of saving a burning player.

*a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/380179_210272325741932_1431707312_n.jpg
*a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/380275_419744424721136_100000567452949_1490801_1504266027_n.jpg
Most heavies are like this
*a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/401581_419756551386590_100000567452949_1490856_549764747_n.jpg
Someone even said I am hacking because he was unable to hurt me when I was under effects of Bonk! Atomic Punch

run n gun
or spray n pray :D

lol, what?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I was about to ask same thing....Is there any way I can kill those spies ? Looks like they are invisible / change their looks as same team we are in.

Currently the only problem i have is with maps. They are not yet fit in my head like CS. Hence finding good spots for camping is difficult. Playing for few days might solve this issue :)

Also, can Spies THROW the knifes ?
Spies need to uncloak to attack. They make a sound while uncloaking, listen for that.
Hit the team mates you find are acting strangely. Generally players running in opposite direction of cart/capture point are the ones.
Pyro's can burn the spies even when they are cloaked or disguised.

how can i use Jarate with sniper ? I think i have this yellow colour item with me.
There's a special gun, Sidney Sleeper you need to use. Jarate can be used as secondary item. Throwing it on enemies will make all damage they take as mini-crits. It can also extinguish burning team mates. Press M to change loadouts.

Piyush

Lanaya
I have never met any heavy who would protect me from enemies or spies. No matter how many times you shout. And they will expect you to overheal them instead of saving a burning player.

*a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/380179_210272325741932_1431707312_n.jpg
*a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/380275_419744424721136_100000567452949_1490801_1504266027_n.jpg
nom* *nom* *nom*.....*nom*

lol, what?
nothing
nvm :))

noob

Cyborg Agent
Sidney Sleeper .hmm...and i need to buy it ? or can i get it free somewhere ?
Now Reading : Sniper strategy - TF2 Wiki

:)

If you are experienced, try to fire through unexpected angles or through small holes, making the enemy wonder how you shot them.

So like CS, Bullets pass through doors here ?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Sidney Sleeper .hmm...and i need to buy it ? or can i get it free somewhere ?
Now Reading : Sniper strategy - TF2 Wiki

:)

So like CS, Bullets pass through doors here ?
LOL No, not through doors. But from unexpected locations..

And you dont need to buy any weapons(except stranges and unusuals). They drop randomly.

axes2t2

I am a cat
what is taunt-kill ? How can i use it with sniper or how can any other class users can use it ?

You can taunt kill with some classed with certain weapons.As you like playing sniper you will have to equip "The Huntsman" to do a taunt kill.all taunt kills do around 500 damage resulting in instant kill.

As for dealing with spies:-

* Look out for 'teammates' who are out of place like engi or medic in the frontlines or someone standing in a obscure corner it's a spy.

* If your 'teammate' is directly going after your teammate its a spy.

* If your 'teammate' is ignored by enemy its a spy

* If your 'teammate' runs away or evades your teammates its a spy.

* A slow moving scout not double jumping,its a spy.

*A medic not healing,its a spy

*A sniper not scoped in,its a spy.

*A demoman not spamming grenades,its a spy.

*You kill a spy but you don't get ammo from his weapon,its a deadringer spy.

*Basically everyone is a spy :lol:

so whenever you see a teammate hit them with your meelee weapon..

and before scoping in for the shot do spy checks by pulling out your meelee or smg and shooting of in spots/corners around you.

Top Bottom