TATA Indicom Wireless Internet Auto Connect at Windows Start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadly_dude

Broken In
hey guys ,
how can i schedule my Tata indicom internet (Walky) to automatically connect at windows start up .Tata indicom walky recently introduced unlimited free internet for "all walky postpaid" users in the tariff plan Rs.349 plan between 10 pm - 6 am everyday.

OP
D

deadly_dude

Broken In
yeah the speed of TATA is around 115.2 Kbps....but download speed is close to 14-15 Kbps ...which is good enough!!
So , doesnt anybody know how to automatically connect a dial up connection at Windows Start up??

kapsicum

spice it up
i dont think its possible ...try to insert dialer shortcut in startup...
i suggest u must not do that coz its a dailup connection which is costly n mainly if there power cut or restart wen ur online ... u r still charged for it...untill u reconnect n then disconnect.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I think you can create dialup scripts... Go to Windows Help and Support screen and run a search on RASDIAL... You should get 2 documents on how to do this...

Arun

sakumar79

Technomancer
Just another thought... If the connection is free only from 10 pm to 6 am, is it wise to automatically connect everytime you start your system... Will that not imply that even other times if you start the system, the connection will come on and you will be wasting bandwidth...

Arun

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
There was a tutorial just for your case. Its based on the RASDIAL command.

Check it out: Scheduling Dialers..

Savvy:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom