TATA Indicom Plug 2 Surf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
for those who are unable to get broadband due to lack of last mile connectivity, I guess this is the only choice. Can't ask an office user to get his mobile for edge. And can't give him an office mobile for internet either. By the way, just checking, 5 kbps in poor connectivity areas is better than dialup right?
The silliest issue I face at our office at badshahpur is that when the power goes out (It is out most of the daylight hours) most of the local mobile towers also go off the air. So much for the communication revolution in Gurgaon.

din

Tribal Boy
I use the Tata plug 2 Surf extensively. Like 12-14 hrs a day. As others mentioned, it is good for people who do not have any other options, like no broadband etc (in short, like me !)

Only problem I found, it get heated up after using for 3-4 hrs continiously, the speed goes down when its heated up. Disconnecting it and re-connecting after 2-3 minutes makes it ok though.

And yes, it is not pure plug and play, can't use it every where, we need to install the necessary drivers and softwares. May be they have a special version for Kajol to use it in any Laptop - WOW ;)

Regarding tariff, only Reliance data card / BSNL data card gives unlimited usage option. Tata has a 5 GB cap :(

@almighty

Consider yourself very lucky if you are getting 15-16Kbps using the Airtel GPRS alone. Most do not get that much even after doing all tweaks etc. So far I heard only EDGE users get that speed.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Same problem with me. The modem worked exceptionally well in the first month after connection . But after first month, the speed slowed down. The connection drops if connected for too long(more than an hour)

qtfan1

Right off the assembly line
Hey dude, Plug 2 Surf Whiz does support Vista now. You've got to download the drivers from the Tata Indicom website. In the ad how does Kajol plug in her Plug 2 Surf Whiz in someone else's computer without the drivers. Cuckoo land is indeed, advertising........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom