Tata Indicom cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
tata indicom has just changed its plans even for existing user without any reason. they have not only stopped giving new connections with free roaming pack but have also removed it for existing users. it was the only reason why i bought tata. now what should i do. they are saying that TRAI has reduced roaming rates thats why but TRAI has nowhere said that you cant provide free roaming.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
its ex pack. it used to give free incoming while roaming for 150 per month. and as tata to tata local is free the point was buy two tatas, get one free roaming in one and take that anywhere. so free std sort of but rentals were high approx 500 per month. per phone. but it was worth it.

premsharma

In the zone
Tech.Masti said:
what is free roaming pack?? tell us details..... BTW all operators are cheaters :p except BSNL

Agree but including BSNL. reliance tops the list followed by Tatas. Airtel is least.

Someone told me that telecom companies can change plans of prepaid users..and they cant change it for Postpaid users later..I wud be best if u go through the booklet or something like that they might have given u at the time of giving connection..If its written that "The offer/plan is sole decision of company and can be changed anytime by it",then I dnt think u can do anything coz u only get a connection after agreeing to T&C..but if nothing like that was written in T&C then u can definitely drag them to consumer court and get a compensation..

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
i just dont lik Tata indicom..my frnd is using broadband connection (unlimited plan) and there service just useless...in a month they hardly provide connection for 15 days...wo bhi ro ro kar...
ya they cheats...

nix

now tell me who doesnt cheat..every telecom company, ISP, everyone....even ur vegetable gadi wala...

eddie

El mooooo
No telecom provider can "increase" their tariff or take away a favourable service for six months since the announcement of a particular plan. If Tata Indicom took away your free roaming within this six months period, then you can write to their nodal officer or appellate authority informing them about the same. If they still don't resume your service then you can take the matter to Tata Indicom's telephone adalat (court). If it still doesn't work, then you can take them to consumer court and ask for compensations.

TRAI requires every telecom service provider to establish Nodal Officers, Appellate authority and Telephone adalat at their ends for easier redressal of customer problems.

If it has been more than six months since the announcement of free roaming service, then Tata Indicom is within its rights to withdraw the same.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
wouldnt that be unfair if first they launch a very unattractive scheme but then they raise their rice to maximum allowed by trai after six months. especially with operators such as tata and reliance where we r fixed with handsets? can consumer court do anything in this matter?

eddie

El mooooo
Well it is unfair yes, but they are within their rights to do it. At least according to TRAI they are. In consumer court it totally depends on the way you or your lawyer presents the case. People get some really favourable results from consumer courts in lots of cases. Also, if you get the decision in your favour from consumer court then may be TRAI will even reconsider its decision of this six months period and extend it for some longer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom