Take a peek at Firefox 3's new download manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

marulez

Broken In
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.downloadsquad.com/media/2007/08/ff3downloadmanager.jpg

Mozilla Links has posted details and a few screenshots of how Firefox 3's new download manager will look and function. In general, users will gain more control over their downloads, actions such as opening a file have been changed from text links to icons to comply with the rest of Firefox's design paradigm of buttons for actions, words for website links. Users will also be able to click an (i) icon on completed downloads to view details such as the website the download came from, the location of the downloaded file on local computer and when the download finished. Chronic downloaders will also appreciate a new search box, and an option to show the download manager in the status bar or sidebar is also being considered.

Soruce

sandeepk

Journeyman
That is a good design decision by FF. Which upcoming version will incorporate these enhancements? Source does not mention any thing regarding this!!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
but the dl manager is very faulty... everytime I paused & resumed any downloads, i get some problem... i use DownThemAll addon always... not the default browser dlmanager.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I am just "Not" Impressed. It looks exactly the same as in version 2.0, only with a icons.

goobimama

 Macboy
Why is it so difficult to implement some good pause/resume functionality in their download manager? I'm not asking for some heavy duty features, just some basic pause/resume which works...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
sorry for off-topic

goobimama said:
Why is it so difficult to implement some good pause/resume functionality in their download manager? I'm not asking for some heavy duty features, just some basic pause/resume which works...
you mean like this

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/untitled-20070816122400.jpg

:p

one of the features, i stick with "O" browser:D.

but my second browser is FF, as i dont trust IE at all:)) (some sites dont open in Opera, soooo...:)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom