Tablet under 20k

Hi,
I need to buy a tablet that's best for reading newspaper articles, editorials,etc. It is for my uncle who is very fond of reading english content from international newspapers/news groups.
He originally had a Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 & he liked it. But he gave away that device due to some reasons. So, we have the P3100 in mind.
The Nexus 7 has been launched but it doesn't feature a 3G version. What are the best choices? (No Chinese/Indian brands).

Thanks

Anyone with something on their mind?

quagmire

Allllright !
Nexus 7 all the way ! Get it from Playstore..
No 3G is not a problem.. Get a wifi datacard (Mifi) for 4k.. But you won't get 3G calling..
Vote down for iPad mini- resolution too low!

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Since your uncle won't take pictures it's enough to get the Nexus 7 and not iPad Mini.
*play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16_GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&hl=en

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Nexus 7 all the way ! Get it from Playstore..
No 3G is not a problem.. Get a wifi datacard (Mifi) for 4k.. But you won't get 3G calling..
Vote down for iPad mini- resolution too low!

Though the iPad Mini is priced at Rs. 22k & though it has lower resolution, the iPad Mini has a 5 Megapixel Rear (1080p) camera & also has better colour calibration.

quagmire

Allllright !
Though the iPad Mini is priced at Rs. 22k & though it has lower resolution, the iPad Mini has a 5 Megapixel Rear (1080p) camera & also has better colour calibration.

Agreed both screen calibration and brightness are best in class, but come on Nexus 7 is 8K cheaper than Mini.. So its better to wait for upgrade model of the mini(hopefully with retina screen, and A6X chip)..

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Agreed both screen calibration and brightness are best in class, but come on Nexus 7 is 8K cheaper than Mini

Correction: 6K & not 8K.

.. So its better to wait for upgrade model of the mini(hopefully with retina screen, and A6X chip)..
Yes, Nexus 7 has its advantages , the game freaks will grab it right away (although I still enjoy playing games on a larger screen). But features like no rear cam, no 3G are serious limitations. Lets see what apple comes up with the next gen mini. Do expect they include retina display.

Top Bottom