Tablet to get from US. Under $250.

One of my friend is coming from US this month end. I wanted to buy Nexus 7 as it is a good deal for $200.
But the lack of connectivity(Mobile Networks) is making me rethink.

Any better suggestions in this budget ?
This is going to be my 1st tablet. Should i wait for Apple to release any iPad Mini ?
I never had a iOS exposure. I have the raw google experience (Google Nexus S :mrgreen:).
So Any better deals in this budget from apple ?

And regarding Nexus 7,
Is it possible to use USB port and USB modem in these ?
Any custom roms permitting it ?

Last edited:

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
You can go for Nexus 7. It's worth it.

You can use USB port for Pen Drives as well as USB Modem Dongles. You need to root and install StickMount for USB drives and PPP Widget to use USB Dongles. Cheers!

Anybody knows how reliable is this news - the 32 GB version of Nexus 7 plans ?

Price of Nexus 7 32 GB version revealed by retailer, might replace the 16 GB version

Why this happens to me all the time ?
Google to unveil Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi only & 3G), Nexus 10 & Android 4.2 on October 29: Report | AndroidOS.in

whenever i makeup to buy something, something like this will happen. :-0
Now i need to wait again till Oct 29. If I get the 3G enabled version for $300- $350. Still it is a good deal, ryt ? No competition in this range also, na ?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
october 29th-it releases-out for sales maybe november 3rd or 4th
BTW ask your friend to go to this local Stapels, they're around 3-4 people who already bought the 32 gigs, there might be more people but they might not all these things that 32 gigs is not yet out

But the spec wise Nexus 7 32 GB with 3G makes more sense, ryt @ $299 when compared to Nexus 10 16 GB with no 3G at $399 ?

Top Bottom