T-Mobile may launch the first 5G LTE-Advanced network

roypurohit

Broken In
Rumours abound about T-Mobile “5G” LTE, with upload and download speeds already tested at 300Mbps. Currently, 4G LTE connections are tested at about a third of that, but rarely reach their full potential, usually capping off at about 50Mbps. T-Mobile was among the last of the major carriers to make the switch to 4G LTE, but it looks like it was planning ahead for the bigger jump.

Early speculations suggest that if 5G becomes the norm by 2014 (which it very well could), it won’t be long before 1Gbps downloads are a regular thing. Regardless of what happens next year, expect to be hearing a lot more about this relatively soon – T-Mobile is setting its goal for LTE coverage at 100 million people by June, and hoping to double that by year’s end. T-Mobile are noted to have commented that they have the more advanced network technology than their competitors, meaning that they could potentially launch the service in 2014.

NOW THE POINT IS:
India with 1.27 billion of population as on 2013 (estimated) still striving for stability in 3G network. It is forecast that the number of subscribers could reach as high as 868.47 million reaching at 69.35% penetration by 2013. Still huge rocking GPRS subscriptions are present. What the hell TRAI is doing :-x. Lets hope, 3G will steadily cover India and pray for 4G network, make dream of 5G.

Watch this *www.marketsimplified.com/images/downloads/insight/india-mobile-trend.pdf

Last edited:

Gauravs90

geek........
It's 4G only.

5G is marketing gimic like 4G was, actually LTE still comes in 3G and was advertised as 4G. LTE Advance truly comes in 4G

(LTE) standard does not completely fulfill the ITU 4G requirements called IMT-Advanced. First release LTE is not backwards compatible with 3G, but is a pre-4G or 3.9G technology, however sometimes branded 4G by the service providers. Its evolution LTE Advanced is a 4G technology.

From Wikipidea
3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And 5G specification doesn't exist as of now.

OP
roypurohit

roypurohit

Broken In
5G specification doesn't eist as of now.

LTE is 4G and LTE-A(Advance) means 5G. Actually they are marketing LTE-A by 5G as it is tested at 300Mbps while 4G's average is 50Mbps around.
BTW LTE-A specification has been released in Release-10 at 3GPP organization.

Last edited:

Vignesh B

Youngling
India with 1.27 billion of population as on 2013 (estimated) still striving for stability in 3G network. Lets hope, 3G will steadily cover India and pray for 4G network, make dream of 5G.
Even that is not going to happen. In fact we are going backwards especially after the Supreme court order to terminate the 3G license of Airtel in certain states. Other network operators have already deactivated new 3G connections in some states.
Vodafone said:
3G services are not available for Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, North East, Rajasthan & UP (West)
I don't know how but my 3G service is still running. :p

HUh! This doesn't excite me. The infrastructure of 3g is highly underdeveloped. Most cities don't have full 3g coverage leave the rural areas. First the companies should look forward to that instead of such marketing gimmicks.

root.king

geek in action
Even that is not going to happen. In fact we are going backwards especially after the Supreme court order to terminate the 3G license of Airtel in certain states. Other network operators have already deactivated new 3G connections in some states.

I don't know how but my 3G service is still running. :p

My service also working in karnataka

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
A 5G(OMG TAHTS SOOOOOO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT) with a 1gb FUP cap after which 10KBps @ 1000 bucks ? No sir! i prefer my 2mbps MTNL line anytime over a 5G dongle
they can stick thier Fives up their G's for all i care

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
With the magnificent battery life of phones nowadays, you'd be lucky if you can go 6 hours without charging your phone on a 5G network.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
My docomo 2G speed sucks plus range issues, today finally sent PORT msg....
This thread is useless in Indian forum... meh...
We are still dreaming for cheap 3G, 4G out of question & now 5G .... Not even in dreams.....

Top Bottom