System restarting, donno how !

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
I got an

It has few probs of memory. I tried to open through Start > Run > "msconfig " but the moment the msconfig window appears , system restarts.

Another prob is , for some reason firefox does not open and website. I tried IE and whenever I choose to download an exe file, the system again automatically restarts.

--

I tried restarting in safe mode to open the msconfig , again the restart prob appears.

Any help ?

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Possibly a virus problem (most probably)

Download and install an Good antivirus (U can also opt for AVG free,Or Avast Home if you want something legal and free)
Update it online
Then scan your whole PC for infection

OR
If you are on BROADBAND
Try *housecall.trendmicro.com
(online scan)

harikatt

In the zone
the cause can be also with the motherboard or the processor of your PC,, just check with any of the alternate Harddisk or with new operating system.. then if still the problem exits,, try hard chck on mother board and processor,,,

Rajneesh

Broken In
Your system is infected with W32.Rontokbro@mm virus

followings are the symtoms of this virus

1. when you try run-> msconfig, system restarts

2. when you try run -> regedit, "Registry Editing has been disabled by your system administrator" error

3. "Folder option" menu under tools has been removed.

4. if you open any window wich have following words in its title bar.. system will restart :
antivirus, norton, avg, exe, regedit, system, system configuration, or any known antivirus firms name.

So if you have not allready installed any updated antivirus on your system, it is not possible now to install it and remove the virus from your system

you can do this to remove the virus now

install any good antivirus (norton is good for this virus) and latest virus definition on an other computer

now attache the infected systems hard disk to this system and run a virus scan on all its partitions.

after removal of the infected files attach the hard disk back to the system and boot.

you will get an error message while loading desktop most prob.

kesenjanganSocial.exe not found
or
eksplorasi.exe not found

hit ok

this way you can remove the virus from your system but you have to do some modification in registry to enable "Folder option" in tools menu and to get rid of above error. remember registry editing has been disabled in your system

first do this and then if you want i will send you the script to enable the registry editing.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Confirmed ur system is infected by a virus.I have seen that virus working on a pc(not my pc though).Get an antivirus,maybe avast home edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom