System not working????

Status
Not open for further replies.

techkid

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
I need some help from you. I am using P4 3GHz LGA775 socket CPU with MSI motherboard MS-7058(915-G Combo) since last 2 years. Last Week all of sudden, the CPU fan speed increased after 20 minutes of operation(which was not heavy resource task) and then my system automatically shut down(not normal shut down though). After this incident, whenever I tried to restart the PC, I was not able to start it. Only HDD LED glows and my Sony CD-RW LED remains continuously glowed. Neither its CD tray opens nor any operation can be done on system(which makes me feel that system is dead). Whenever I boot the system, my monitor, which is directly connected to same supply, starts blinking. The BIOS window is also not appearing. I have tested its DDR - RAM(512MB DDR-400) and HDD(80GB Samsung SATA) on my frined's PC but both are working fine.I also changed the Mother board battery and tried changed Motherboard SMPS but still same things are happening. So, I think, there might be fault in AMI BIOS(either corrupted or IC is damaged) or CPU is damaged because the Power Supply is OK with CPU and MB. Please advice on this.

Regards,
Techkid.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Does the CPU fan spin when turned on? Try resetting the BIOS by using the jumper. Get a BIOS recovery floppy for your BIOS (you can get that from MSI's site) and try restoring the BIOS. With just the SMPS connected to the mobo+CPU (no hdd, cd rw, ram...) try botting

OP
T

techkid

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion.The CPU fan is spinning when supply is ON. I'll try resetting jumper afterwards as I'm currently out of station. I'm little bit worried about my MOBO is damaged or not?

Thanks & regards,
Techkid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom