System hangs all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

anni

Broken In
Last few days, suddenly my system become hangs, no key/mouese will work. not even ctrl+alt+del.. I have to press the reset button only. My HDD is new 2 months before i purchased (seagate 400 gb) so no chance to issue in disk., and even i format the disk and reinstall xp proff again. whether connecting to net or not, in both cases any time suddenly it hangs and red light become RED continuously without blinking..
anni

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
It may be due to some driver issue. Could you please elaborate a little bit more about the problem like when it happens frequently. Like during start up or while running games etc.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Do u have an UPS? It happens if you are running a computer without an UPS and voltage is fluctuating. Also if your UPS is good then I think your SMPS may be the problem.

Otherwise check what programs are starting when you boot your computer by going to Start>>Run>>type msconfig. Press enter and check the startup tab. Uncheck the suspicious items. Also you should try a virus scan as viruses also may cause this.

OP
A

anni

Broken In
Previously i though it was due to lan driver, so i switched off the modem, because one day when it was hang, even after pressing power button to force fully switched off the pc, after pc was off, lan card green light was still showing green. but one day it hang when i was just reading one pdf file..(no net connection was on that time) It was never happen while playing games. and regarding virus, i already format my c driver. I am not able to figure it out the actual reason. I am using norton 9.0 client editon also.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Try updating all drivers.

Just after the freezeup.
Go into control panel> administrative tools> event viewer >system.
See if you can find a stop code.
Google up the stop code. eg: 0x000000A is a driver conflict.

Check your power supply, RAM [memtest 86+].
Try using a different OS [ubuntu JJ LIVE]

Off topic: This is my 1000th post. Woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom